Now I remember why I gave up on watercraft before once.

After this weekend of riding for 1 hour and having the bolts fall out of my pipe mount and my riva red pipe that I spent hours cleaning up and repainting cracked a big chunk off the manifold. I put the stock exhaust on and go riding and about an hour into the ride the lanyard switch takes a dump. When I bypass that the motor cranks but makes loud clunking sounds. Turns out my starter bendix also exploded at the same time.

WOW, Now I remember why I gave up on watercraft last time. But this time, I'm not giving up. I've realized how much I love this sport. Time to start selling drugs or healthcare plans, or something.

I wouldn't say it looks bad. Actually looks really clean. Old skis just seem to wanna :):):):) out all at the same time. Fix the problems and give her a once over check to make sure everything else is in order!

Heebs

Midlake Crisis

Site Supporter
I feel your pain Skithis. Keep the faith, it IS worth it, and your ski will run right again. There is lots of riding time ahead this year, now get out in that garage and git 'er done!

maybe buy a better ski that thing looks like poo

Oh, thanks...prick. Go over to PWCtoday or something, youll fit right in!

I had a kawi before and it blew up in the first month i owned it. They are nice skis but not so nice for freestyle. Looks like i may be able to get the pipe welded and bendix's are cheap. Usually I can fix the lanyard problems also.

SuperDrifter

Prototyper
Site Supporter
Oh, thanks...prick. Go over to PWCtoday or something, youll fit right in!

I had a kawi before and it blew up in the first month i owned it. They are nice skis but not so nice for freestyle. Looks like i may be able to get the pipe welded and bendix's are cheap. Usually I can fix the lanyard problems also.

hey all blow up, pony up enough to get a reliable ski....try working on a prototype, like the samba...when you are facing mech problems, and trying to come up w/ a new design.

The Goverment Might Get pissed if you start selling Health care Plan's. Probably safer selling Drug's LOL Don't give up man just fix it and have some fun. I Had problem's with me ski last summer and felt the same way. I sold all my stuff back in the day and I'm back into it and wsh i still had my stash of part's but i'm working at that now. Later Joe

vitaly

Анархия - мать порядка!
Yes, it looks great!
One thing, those red Riva pipes tend to unscrew everything because of the vibration, seriously. Try the B-pipe.

Edit: and use blue (usually) or red (in extreme cases) locktite on anything that screws together and is not supposed to get lose.

Last edited:
Ditto on the Riva Reds being hard pipes to keep on a ski. If you don't torque them down just right and use some loctite they love to back bolts out.

And your square looks great in my opinion.

Top Bottom