Super Jet Nozzle throw?

So I bought a RRP quick steer went to install it like an idiot and forget that they changed the nozzle on the new super jets. I'm tired of that thing turning like a cruse ship and want to increase the throw. What do you all think the best way to increase nozzle throw on an 08 Super Jet would be without spending a small fortune.

Last edited:

Vumad

Super Hero, with a cape!
you need to replace the the steering cable, 08 SJ cable cables has very short throw

Bill has been complaining about this. He is trying to get quick steer out of his '08 SJ. He's only adjusting the cable from the pump end which is totally jacking up his steering. I told him he has to adjust from both ends, but he said the top is maxed out and if he extends his cable will break again. Should he buy a '07 cable so he can get the throw he needs? How do you handle this problem with the '08? He has the fitting on the turn plate in the middle and wants to move it to the outside, and the nozzle is dremmeled and the ball joint there is moved closer in.

JetManiac

Stoked
Site Supporter
Vendor Account
move the ball on the nozzle closer to the nozzle on the steering arm then you will get more throw

Exactly, you want to move the ball closer in at the pump nozzle and farther out on the turnplate end, but...

you need to replace the the steering cable, 08 SJ cable cables has very short throw

You need to change the cable out to 96-07 RN and make a bracket to mount it down in the handlepole. 2" more throw!

JetManiac

Stoked
Site Supporter
Vendor Account
It really doesnt matter on what end you adjust the steering that's just for making sure the nozzle and bars are on the same plain. He should move to the outermost point on the plate.

Respectfully disagee, you get more throw by changing position both at plate and nozzle. The adjustment to center the steering is a separate matter done after mods to steering ball locations. At this point screwing cable ends in/out doesn't matter which end to get centered.

Last edited:
Top Bottom