Oak Island.. / Holden Beach NC Area Riders

Was at Oak island NC sat. and saw 2 guys riding sxr's couldnt get their attention. Wondering if anyone rides there reg.?

Also me and the guys bout 4-5 of us are riding the 15th of this month and im sure we'd like somemore company. Just seein who all rides there.? ,Jake

Last edited:

Pablo

sqeez bth levrs & lean bk
Site Supporter
you wouldnt beleive all the people with standups that arent on the forum. Spread the word! I wish i lived over in eastern nc so i could ride the surf.

I was in Duck, NC (OBX) below Nags Head, two weekend ago. I was there for a family vacation and the waves were great. I didn't have a ski, but body surfing and boogie boarding with my nephews had me jones'ing for my ski. If the rest of NC's coastal areas have decent surf like that the riding scene should be great.

Anyone whos interested in goin hit me up with a pm and ur number. We're trying to get in touch with everyone b4 we ride and figure out a time place to meet up. Thanks evryone. , Jake

demolition_x

Not After Fame & Fortune
I was in Duck, NC (OBX) below Nags Head, two weekend ago. I was there for a family vacation and the waves were great. I didn't have a ski, but body surfing and boogie boarding with my nephews had me jones'ing for my ski. If the rest of NC's coastal areas have decent surf like that the riding scene should be great.

The only thing is the beaches of holden and oak island face south more or less while the outerbanks faces east. the east facing beaches always get a better swell.

My parents live at Holden and I have done my fair share of riding out there. If your going to go out be prepared to ride in a foot or less of water on the sand bar to play in 1 foot sand bar waves. there are times when the surf gets to be chest high out on the bars but your still riding in chest deep water. But i have also been out there when there when it was glassy and head high in deep water and had a blast.

check out this webcam and it will give you a good idea what the waves are like

http://www.holden-beach.com/surfreport.asp

Top Bottom