ocean riding

Ok, I have been riding an 09 superjet in my local lake for a couple months now. My residence is a beach home on Clearwater beach. I just moved in a month ago and do not know anyone to ride with. I've never ridden in the ocean before but have had quite a bit of experience with lake riding. Can anyone suggest some ocean riding techniques and where to ride specifically. Do I ride in like the middle of the ocean or is it better to ride near the beach shores. How many feet do you have to be away from the beach shore if there are people there? Also I am looking to add some power and handling to the ski and am looking to spend around 1-3k. Can anyone suggest some upgrades to get and where to get them for my SJ. I am totally clueless about mods and such so if someone could help me I would appreciate it.

Last edited:

SUPERTUNE

Race Gas Rules
Well I'd say your pretty lucky to be right here in Clearwater!
Lot of local riders here...
Come by the shop we're right off of Hercules Ave, Call Radney and he can give you directions.
Chuck
X Scream Inc. Home of Team Scream /X Metal
Crew,
Radney, Mike, Chuck, Patrick.

Etheraldreamer

Be there and be square.
stop by x-scream and im sure they can answer all your questions and hook you up with ANYTHING your wallet can handle. :)
you are very lucky to be local to such a reputable shop.

RoyalFlush@PCB

Shootin' The Crap
stop by x-scream and im sure they can answer all your questions and hook you up with ANYTHING your wallet can handle. :)
you are very lucky to be local to such a reputable shop.

X2

Patrick, Chuck, Mike, and Radney are all top-notch guys. From plain-old advice to whatever you can imagine can be done to a ski or motor these guys know their chit!!! :woot:

GIL

Power In The Hands Of Few
Ok, I have been riding an 09 superjet in my local lake for a couple months now. My residence is a beach home on Clearwater beach. I just moved in a month ago and do not know anyone to ride with. I've never ridden in the ocean before but have had quite a bit of experience with lake riding. Can anyone suggest some ocean riding techniques and where to ride specifically. Do I ride in like the middle of the ocean or is it better to ride near the beach shores. How many feet do you have to be away from the beach shore if there are people there? Also I am looking to add some power and handling to the ski and am looking to spend around 1-3k. Can anyone suggest some upgrades to get and where to get them for my SJ. I am totally clueless about mods and such so if someone could help me I would appreciate it.
Might want to check with Brian Virgin-see my sig for his number. He is a dealer for the original billet cylinder. (DASA).

Last edited:

AtomicPunk

Lifetime bans are AWESOME
Site Supporter
dude, read up on the X, come out to Dunedin and ride with us, check out our boats, you'll figure out what mods are best for YOU.

welcome to the X

riding in clearwater

Hey Reed technically over there it is the Ocean but really its more like a big bay. Not much different than lake riding for the most part. So he should be ok riding there. It is good for him so close to Team Scream for engine mods.

Last edited:
Guy whos get stumble into the sport and happen to live in a bitcin' place must drive the long time hard core riders who are stuck in cold, land locked areas nuts.

WaveDemon

Not Dead - Notable Member
Hey Reed technically over there it is the Ocean but really its more like a big bay. Not much different than lake riding for the most part. So he should be ok riding there. It is good for him so close to Team Scream for engine mods.

it's not a bay. it's the gulf of mexico, we get waves here.

Top Bottom