Other OEM versus AM Hull ownership poll

Who owns what for hulls?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

subhard

TITS OR GTFO
Im with you SXI. My SJ is not holding me back, Im holding me back. Once I feel like my skills warrant an AM hull, Ill consider it.

I think your skills progress a million times faster on newer AM hulls. Yes I could've 'mastered' my SXR, like how Daniel Martin can barrel roll one no problem. That other guy on here is almost flipping one. But 15 gallons on a new hull and I'm already doing flips, rolls, spins, and stabs. None of which I could do on my SXR or my buddies RNs. Stock hulls are fun, but AM are sooooo much more. If you think you might get one someday when your skills warrant, do yourself a favor and pull the trigger now. You'll thank yourself I promise.

tshank123

Yo hablo ingles
I think your skills progress a million times faster on newer AM hulls. Yes I could've 'mastered' my SXR, like how Daniel Martin can barrel roll one no problem. That other guy on here is almost flipping one. But 15 gallons on a new hull and I'm already doing flips, rolls, spins, and stabs. None of which I could do on my SXR or my buddies RNs. Stock hulls are fun, but AM are sooooo much more. If you think you might get one someday when your skills warrant, do yourself a favor and pull the trigger now. You'll thank yourself I promise.

Yea I agree in principle, but SXR is a pig though compared to a SJ so even an SJ would have been an upgrade for you. What do you have in the hull compared to what you had in the SXR? It seems so far out of reach money wise to go AM for me. Maybe its because most people have a $5000 motor set up in their $5000 hull, (and thats being generous). I would like to be flat water flipping and rolling one day but I'm not very rich.

djraider700

lol wut?
OEM 2010 SJ here and its going to stay that way. I have my ski set up beautifully for me and my riding style in the surf. I've ridden a number if a/m hulls and the price isn't worth it to me. Strictly my opinion of course.

I prefer the benefits of a longer, heavier hull in the surf. My ski can roll and flip fine but its not how I ride. I prefer technical surf riding rather than using the waves as ramps for aerial tricks.

It would be nice to see more a/m hulls geared towards surf riding instead of surf jumping. The Rickter Evo and FP1 would be my first choices in the current a/m market.

KTM434

Jamie FN Hickey
I only own a Superfreak right now and it's the best hull over ridden so far IMO. Zero regrets and I believe it's a killer surf riding hull. I've done the flips and it's fun but having a hull that can really kill the surf is what I like and this hull is where it's at IMO. I'd really like to try a JB-1 though.
I am planning an oem build this winter as a second ski though. Considering building my SN hull, building an FX-1, or fixed steer RN... Can't decide but no matter what I build it'll be far from stock when it hits the water

Last edited:
2013 SJ
1995 FX1
Rickter FS2

I have had 5 oem hulls and then the Rickter. I don't think AM hulls are for everyone. Specially if your a rec rider not going for big tricks then save your money cause you won't like a AM hull. And like stated above BUY a hull that fits your riding. Im selling both of my OEM hulls the Rickter is just 1,000x better all around for me.

Top Bottom