Super Jet OEM Water box vs new water box

Hi Guys,

I am wondering if it is really worth the 300$ to spend in order to get a new water box, and does it really make a big difference? Does anyone have any info.

OCD Solutions

Original, Clean and Dependable Solutions
I wouldn't waste a single dime on a new water box. Increased noise level with minimal, if any, power gain. Plenty of modded out skis still running the OEM waterbox so we know it's not a limiting factor.

So many better places to spend money.

ok sounds good thanks for the advice. I plan on purchasing a factory b pipe, but I was just wondering if the water box would be worth changing considering I am doing the modifications to the exhaust in the meantime.

CRJ

Hibernating
ive run a stock box on my square with a 762cc, flowed great but still loud. I dont see any reason for aftermarket honestly.

air blair

you are the reason
I can't give you an honest opinion as of yet on just a Waterbox change other than noticeable noise changes. A flow control valve can adjust that a lot. A flow control valve is a noticeable change that is felt for sure. I am trying a fiberglass square nose Waterbox right now on a limited setup. I'll be able to tell you soon if it matters much.

Air blair cell

Thanks for the info guys, from the research I've been doing, the TNT(blouson) water box will add somepower gain, but will increase sound. A lot of the links I've read pretty much indicate that the OEM water box is pretty hard to beat, so if you should replace it, the one to go with would be TNT. Hard to believe unless the modification is done and performance gains are experienced as air blair sated.

very similar to snowmobiles and guys putting on aftermarket silencers and losing power/gaining noise. The 2 strokes need that back pressure, its not highly scientific but what the factory gives us is damn good 95% of the time. Its the pipe geometry that makes the biggest difference. Im switching from a SN to RN waterbox to see if there is a difference and it seems lighter.

air blair

you are the reason
Rn aluminum I havnt been robbed much on. A.m. boxes definitely let that engine unload when hammered. Atp or xmetal are my favorites. H2o doesn't rob either. Sometimes hard to fit in a.m. Hulls though.

Air blair cell

thanks for the info. I got a 62t 760 setup im working on getting ported maybe by summers end. Running nynja c4, sbn46, ada head, and msd ign. NOthing to fancy but if the SN waterbox is goign to hinder I am going to keep the RN one i got/

Top Bottom