Official Michigan Westside Ride Thread

Fro Diesel

creative control
I'll be heading to pigeon lake after class (3:15) should be there around 4:45-5-15

SOUTH HAVEN TO HOLLAND-HOLLAND TO GRAND HAVEN-
GRAND HAVEN TO WHITEHALL-
1038 AM EDT TUE SEP 18 2007

...SMALL CRAFT ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT THROUGH WEDNESDAY
MORNING...

.TODAY...SOUTH WINDS 10 TO 20 KNOTS. MOSTLY SUNNY. WAVES 3 TO
6 FEET.
.TONIGHT...SOUTHWEST WINDS 10 TO 20 KNOTS. PARTLY CLOUDY. WAVES 3 TO
6 FEET.
.WEDNESDAY...WEST WINDS 10 TO 20 KNOTS. PARTLY SUNNY. WAVES 3 TO
6 FEET SUBSIDING TO 1 TO 3 FEET LATE IN THE DAY.
.WEDNESDAY NIGHT...NORTH WINDS AROUND 10 KNOTS. PARTLY CLOUDY. WAVES
1 TO 2 FEET.

Last edited:

cybermob2

naturally warming water
pretty lame... i was only out about 45min before heading back. muskegon was breaking 4 foot one after another but nothing bigger.

oh well.

cybermob2

naturally warming water
calling for 4-7 tomorrow according to NOAA.gov

winds tonite and tomorrow 21kts SW vearing WNW. sounds promising.

anyone want on the hot list tomorrow early A.M. @ pere marquette? i'm gonna drive out and check it out first thing before making any calls this time. NOAA has been BS lately.

cybermob2

naturally warming water
schweet... now thy are callin for more NWerly winds. port sheldon might be heaver hitting.

i noticed on the muskegon breakwater cam the breakwater shore is officially friggin sandbarred.

i will check waves on northshore @ 8am and start the call line. nobody's leavin before then are they?

Fro Diesel

creative control
i am in for port sheldon tommorow. I can be there around 9am if they are hitting. good time to try out the new pole. Means i need to get my hood hooks relocated asap!

TB

NOTHING IS EVER PROMISED
dammit i got chit to do tomorrow...kevin and greg..could you pm your phone#'s..just so i have them just in case...who knows what

fwi

X-
i noticed on the muskegon breakwater cam the breakwater shore is officially friggin sandbarred.

No it isn't, I was there this afternoon until 5 pm.
There is "some" sandbar, at that little beach area where we usually launch, but it is only about 100feet wide at the most......so if you roll the skis just south (to your left) 50 ft.............no more sandbar!
:bigok:

cybermob2

naturally warming water
hush up beach bum... i rolled my ski through that crap last wknd.. sucked. either push it through the sandbar... or lug it farther up/down the beach to the road.

if its not as nasty... i figure the filtration plant area would be pretty nice... i think its shorter to the water by about 20' and nice parallel parking. we'll see. shelter in the breakwater is nice. i just hope waves pan out.

cybermob2

naturally warming water
fauck it, i'm going to port sheldon

its way bigger down there than muskegon. wind is DEAD calm and muskegon/bear lake are FLAT like mirrors. friggin NOAA.

Top Bottom