Offset footholds?

rotaxhippie

Miracle Baby
Has anybody here offset their footholds for stance? I am in the process of installing some and I am not sure if side by side is the most comfortable position. If the left foothold was 3" further forward than the right, it feels like I would have better balance, since I have always ridden with a regular stance.

Just want to know if someone has tried it already and it was a terrible idea.

OCD Solutions

Original, Clean and Dependable Solutions
Do what feels right for you, it's your ski and you're the one riding it. I have a buddy who has molded a second set of footholds halfway up so he can keep a wider stance with either footing.

kawasakit2me

Hooked on the Jamz
Has anybody here offset their footholds for stance? I am in the process of installing some and I am not sure if side by side is the most comfortable position. If the left foothold was 3" further forward than the right, it feels like I would have better balance, since I have always ridden with a regular stance.

Just want to know if someone has tried it already and it was a terrible idea.

Mine aren't offset but they are different from each other. I put my left foot back and my right foot forward, so my left foot hits my hold at an angle that wasn't comfortable with a standard hold. So hubby cut that left hold for me to give me a better angle and we left the right one as is. When both feet are in the holds, they still feel comfy.

I'd worry about tweaking my back landing wonky if the holds were offset and both feet were in them.

Sounds like you need a Pancake Pete front foothold.

Yes, I liked it. None of my friends did.

DSCF0137.jpg

Don 79 TA

Still Fat....
the wife was saying yesterday how she wants footsholds offset if we put them on her ski
problem is she is short and is riding to far into the tray, so first thing i need is a longer handle pole for her ski, then i think if we keep this hull we will may put the rec type of holds

she feels being offset makes her for comfortable and less back strain/pain

Last edited:
I really think an offset foothold placement would give you better balance. Its kinda like when your riding surfstance, it distributes your weight across the tray. When you have your feet side by side it makes your balance not as good.

kawasakit2me

Hooked on the Jamz
It seems like it will be really uncomfortable. When you are riding surfstance both of your feet are pointed in the same direction. That will not be the case with offset footholds.

Just try standing on the floor that way. It is a weird way to try to stand.

Its all about the surf!
I made "Bar" style holds, that way I can move my feet anywere along the holds that I want.

Attachments

• SJ TRAY LEFT.jpg
    SJ TRAY LEFT.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 25
  • SJ TRAY RIGHT.jpg
    SJ TRAY RIGHT.jpg
    113.9 KB · Views: 22
The bars are great. Just like 227 said they make your options unlimited, and they give you alot of tray space This is what I did too on my fx1. I havent turfed them yet due to testing, but im going to revise them this winter. I cut mine all the way out to the end of the tray which I dont like cause when I turf there will be an additional cut thus making my turf job not as nice so im gonna foam and glass that back in. The next thing I wanna do make ankle indentions towards the back to create the best of both worlds. I will have a comfy place to lock in less duck footed and still have my edge running up the tray to catch on when needed. Its kinda like having your cake and eating it too. Im also gonna pad mine heavily and make my feet fit snug, thats why I cut them larger.

Attachments

• 100_0728.jpg
    100_0728.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 25
Top Bottom