300/440/550 Oil coming out my exhaust

I started my 550 yesterday and i got tons of oil shooting out the exhaust. Even when the ski is off it still drips out. I have the right fuel/oil ratio. What is the problem.

kawishaul

I bleed GREEN!
I had the same problem once with my x-2 last summer. I was flooded thought.
I think it might be the water box design. If you don't crank out of the water at the end of the day it builds up. Then puff the next time you crank here comes a mess of water and oil.

take it on a ride and after a few minutes the crap should blow out, its not really oil its just sooty crap from the exhaust mixed with water

however if you take it on a ride and crap is coming out still or it really is oil then you have problems

I don't think it would be possible to continue leaking a significant amount of oil out of the exhaust. As others have said it's probably just sooty water and some unburned fuel. The gas will evaporate and leave oil behind. My skis have dribbled thick blackish water in the past. Don't sweat it. You could be running too much oil and running rich in the carb but if you haven't changed anything it's probably a non-issue

Top Bottom