Oil to Gas Ratio SXR

I can't remember the oil to gas ratio for my 07' SXR from last summer. ITS ALL STOCK, nothing changed to the motor.

I've heard everything from 60:1 to 32:1 but for some reason 40:1 rings a bell. Anybody know?

WET BOX

STL Crew
Don't take the time to take off the "info stickers" if you don't take the time to remember oil ratio. j/k

Kawi says 60:1. Doesn't seem to be a lot of oil to me though. Just run 40:1 and be done with it.

Later :cool:

GReenANt

GReenAnt
find out what its supposed to be if you run a different mix than what its tuned for you have to retune to adjust for more oil meaning less gas through the carbs changing the air to fuel ratio you can retune to fix the air fuel ratio with more oil but if its stock figure out what its meant to use and run that the kawi designers did it for a reason

Shonuff

I've got the glow
Site Supporter
find out what its supposed to be if you run a different mix than what its tuned for you have to retune to adjust for more oil meaning less gas through the carbs changing the air to fuel ratio you can retune to fix the air fuel ratio with more oil but if its stock figure out what its meant to use and run that the kawi designers did it for a reason

Find out what its supposed to be. If you run a different mix than what it's tuned for you have to retune to adjust for more oil - meaning less gas through the carbs changing the air to fuel ratio. You can retune to fix the air/fuel ratio with more oil but if it's stock, figure out what it's meant to use and run that. The Kawi designers did it for a reason.

vitaly

Анархия - мать порядка!
You can retune to fix the air/fuel ratio with more oil but if it's stock, figure out what it's meant to use and run that. The Kawi designers did it for a reason.

Anything from 40:1 to 60:1 works. If you think about it, there is not a lot of difference and you (or the motor) is not going to feel it. The Kawi designers did it for a reason.

Its all about the surf!
It says 60:1 on your hull but don't run it that lean. Run it at 40:1 and your motor will last forever. Kawasaki suggests a 60:1 ratio so the boat will have cleaner emissions to please the tree huggers. Bottom line, the ski will run with 60:1 but won't last as long as if you were running 40:1

Jetaddict

9 years to retirement...
I run mine at 50:1. Haven't had any major issues, and I run Amsoil. Recently my ski is running real awful- almost like the carbs are plugged up- but that may be due to bad fuel more so than the ratio.

Top Bottom