Ok, i give up... time to look into a stand up

95_waveraider_riverrunner

hobbies:lacrosse-n-ski's
:hail: im considering selling the waveraider and parting out the XP... anyone got a superjet for sale? or an older skii thats decent condition... or a 1990+ stand up skii that can be a project for little money? my budget is low, and i intend on doing this for an inexspensive amount hopefully, Im 17 and dont have the resources that y'all may have with full time jobs and such (work part time becuz of school).
so if anyone might have a skii that can be a fixer upper or one in decent working condition that they will be willing to let me get a good deal for a newbie to get started, im looking...have to convince parents why i want to get rid of my skiis in the first place and they dont like the idea of a stand up, but its a workable idea...
thanks for any input
Brian
:Banane09:
:woot:

:hail: im considering selling the waveraider and parting out the XP... anyone got a superjet for sale? or an older skii thats decent condition... or a 1990+ stand up skii that can be a project for little money? my budget is low, and i intend on doing this for an inexspensive amount hopefully, Im 17 and dont have the resources that y'all may have with full time jobs and such (work part time becuz of school).
so if anyone might have a skii that can be a fixer upper or one in decent working condition that they will be willing to let me get a good deal for a newbie to get started, im looking...have to convince parents why i want to get rid of my skiis in the first place and they dont like the idea of a stand up, but its a workable idea...
thanks for any input
Brian
:Banane09:
:woot:

:arms: :arms: :arms:

youll get a nice SJ for what youll get for your raider and poo. tell the parents that the SJ is slower and theres no way to daydream while riding one like on a couch. tell them the couch is making you fat and making you lose all ambition. its making you crave crack and have suicidal thoughts and tells you to rape nuns..... and .... and.......

......just send them here, ill set 'em straight!

:biggrin:

SJBrit

Extraordinary Alien
have to convince parents why i want to get rid of my skiis in the first place and they dont like the idea of a stand up

Standing up is not a crime...! Don't worry about your budget - there are plenty of students on here with part time jobs managing to spend a bunch more money on their skis than some of us full time workers with mortgages and families!

meatball

User Title Unavailable
:haha: ^^^^^

Like me. Im 17 too buddy, and have a part time job and bought a standup at the begginning of the season. 91 SJ sqaure 650 with a double trailer that I found out I cant use doh! When you go and look at a ski, dont get sucked into the I need it now syndrome, dont buy anything overpriced.

You can get a good SJ for what you'll get for that waveraider with a new engine. Go SJ, you'll like it much better then a kawi, dont be afraid from a 650, they're plenty of fun, even with a 210 6' rider like me.

Im upgrading the engine hopefully buying one tomorrow for a good deal. You'll be very happy with a standup. My mom was the same way about not liking the standup idea. More accidents happen on couches, read the news, standups are plenty of fun at a couches cruise speed, much more fun, not as fast, and you tend to pay attention more when theres more to it then going fast in a straight line. MUCH more manuverable then that waveraider too, so its easier to avoid boats. Get your parents on here, we'll convince em.

Great excersize too :biggthumpup:

Look at the "other" site, Craig's List, Ebay. The season is winding down so NOW is the time to dump your raider and pick something up. There are deals out there, but YOU have to spend some time looking and possibly do some driving.
Good luck.
Garrett

95_waveraider_riverrunner

hobbies:lacrosse-n-ski's
Well, today i was talking about getting a stand up and my girlfriend asks if it is a "two person ski?" and...i told her no and she got a little pissed off because if i sell my raider she wont be able to ride anymore... blah blah blah, i think i may be keeping it. i may be able to work something out, but not sure.
Brian

surfjetlouie

R.I.P. 11/27/2008
tell your girl friend to get a job to help you pay for the stand up since you can't sell the couch she will be ridding. when she find out she as to work to get you a toy, she probably will say sell the raider.

meatball

User Title Unavailable
jetski's are good at getting girls, unless they're the "two seater" VXR thats only good at dumping them when you tip over.

looks like you'll have to get a blaster for the girlie in addition to that superjet.

thats what I did for my girlfriend and ironically she likes the superjet more and ends up riding that more often so I'm usually stuck on the blaster if we're goin on a ride.

hey, you've got to keep em happy if they're trying to get into something you are into.

it is kinda cool to see your girlfriend getting really good on a standup though.

DITCH the raider and if the girlie doesn't like it DITCH the BITCH

Well, today i was talking about getting a stand up and my girlfriend asks if it is a "two person ski?" and...i told her no and she got a little pissed off because if i sell my raider she wont be able to ride anymore... blah blah blah, i think i may be keeping it. i may be able to work something out, but not sure.
Brian

i cant believe your 17 and worried about what the girl you probally want be with next year thinks.i bought a 96 seadoo my girlfriend at the time ask me not to sell it haha. the only ski i kept together was my blaster my 2 year old wants to ride it. i was going to rob the engine out of it for my superjet. i dont even ask my wife for advise on my skis. long story short your young dont get caught up in drama from your girlfriend.

IM 16 had my roundnose since i was 15...i say NO girlfriends...ride when ya want where ya want....it is cool....dont listen to ur GF about keeping the poo buy the stand up...what does she know about skis??:biggthumpup:

demolition_x

Not After Fame & Fortune
Standing up is not a crime...! Don't worry about your budget - there are plenty of students on here with part time jobs managing to spend a bunch more money on their skis than some of us full time workers with mortgages and families!

yep us poor college students try to make the best budget skis around.

screw your GF, unless shes paying for fuel and mantience and stuff like that there is no reason for you not to get what your gonn have more fun on. its like a no brainer.

Brap Brap to the superjet, you won't look back.

Top Bottom