one way or scupper?

So I'm pretty sure that I'm gonna man up and put some foot holds in my ski. Since I'll already be in there I was going to install a one way, I like to leave my ski sitting on an ancor bag. Will the one way leak? Would it be better to just put a scupper in and pull it up on the beach every time? opinions?

djkorn1

kidkornfilms
Site Supporter
Scuppers rule. Everything else is wayyyyy tooooo slooooooow.
You'll love the footholds and will ride 100x better because of them...

Run a 1100gph bilge and a scupper. Good to go....

Big Kahuna

Administrator
The foam gives support for the footholds. If there is any give in the holds, they will crack. All the footholds are is a mold for your foot. Without adding any foam you are risking them cracking and then allowing water to enter your hull.

Orlando_Gator

2004 800 sxr
Regarding the "one way or scupper" question - I just put a PWC Doctor one-way in my ski last night and will be riding it this weekend. I'll let you know how it works but looks like it's engineered wonderfully.

What about spraying some "Great Stuff" foam in your foothold area? Has anyone tried that? I figured if I was patient with installing the footholds and removed "just enough" foam to make the footholds fit, I should be alright with not having to add extra foam. I do think that I will add a little fiberglass to the outside of the footholds before I install them.

flatwater only ..one way valve and scupper + dual 500's ....no problems at all...leaving in the water on an anker not good idea..beached or ac water stand cool

Matt_E

steals hub caps from cars
Site Supporter
Exactly. Ideal setup in my opinion is the stock siphon, dual bilge pumps, plus a good hood and hood seal.

If I had to do it all over again I would run bilge pumps only. I have a scupper like the rest of the band wagon.

Mark44

SJBrit

Extraordinary Alien
My ski floats off the back of my boat all day. I have a Home Depot one way and it never leaks. Just to be sure I have an automatic switch on the bilge pumps and the three way rotary switch which goes auto-off-on. When riding I leave them on all the time, and when moored I leave it on auto just in case the one way leaks. So far the pumps have never actuated while floating.

Top Bottom