opinions please

DR3

Xscream Braaaap
whats the return policy if ur not happy:stooges:

really though, wouldnt do b/c of that and communication problems:dunno:

WAB

salty nuts
Looks like only $580 shipped for CF hood and includes nose piece.
Looks nice, but like others said, what if it caves in or something? You're SOL.

Hey Gil I started a thread about this hood a while ago and got some mixed feelings also. At first we thought he had copied WF, but Steve from WF then chimed in and clarified that he did NOT copy his hood and vouched that he was a good guy. I would PM Steve directly and see what he thinks and if this is a good budget hood for someone that does not want to spend all that change on a very good WF setup.

Personally I would probably try to stick with an American made setup and spend the extra money to have the piece of mind that if it did not hold up getting warranty service would be much easier and cheaper on shipping. my .02.:biggthumpup:

im all for buying american made products, but not if im being ripped off. blowsion tubbies are $300 which in my opinion should be a crime. theres nothing to them. i bought some front sponsons ( similar to tubbies but not the same) from the guy mentioned above in taiwan and they were about 1/4 of the cost shipped. i ordered three sets and i am very happy with the quality and fit.

RoyalFlush@PCB

Shootin' The Crap
im all for buying american made products, but not if im being ripped off. blowsion tubbies are $300 which in my opinion should be a crime. theres nothing to them. i bought some front sponsons ( similar to tubbies but not the same) from the guy mentioned above in taiwan and they were about 1/4 of the cost shipped. i ordered three sets and i am very happy with the quality and fit.

A crime? Come on. :eek:mfg:

Too many people do the "math" in determining the value of something by figuring out the cost of the materials and the time to make them and use no other criteria that determines a true selling price.

Shop rent, advertising, research and development, phones, office staff, etc. etc. has to be figured in to a business' prices for their products.

SJBrit

Extraordinary Alien
A crime? Come on. :eek:mfg:

Too many people do the "math" in determining the value of something by figuring out the cost of the materials and the time to make them and use no other criteria that determines a true selling price.

Shop rent, advertising, research and development, phones, office staff, etc. etc. has to be figured in to a business' prices for their products.

In the end, the selling price is set by three things: the total cost with all the overhead factored in (as you say), a minimum margin target and what the customer will pay. The final piece is the clincher - you're being charged what they think the value is to you, not the cost to them (which is why there really are 80% and 90% margin products out there).

Big Kahuna

Administrator
Hey Gil I started a thread about this hood a while ago and got some mixed feelings also. At first we thought he had copied WF, but Steve from WF then chimed in and clarified that he did NOT copy his hood and vouched that he was a good guy. I would PM Steve directly and see what he thinks and if this is a good budget hood for someone that does not want to spend all that change on a very good WF setup.

Personally I would probably try to stick with an American made setup and spend the extra money to have the piece of mind that if it did not hold up getting warranty service would be much easier and cheaper on shipping. my .02.:biggthumpup:

Same guy that bought Steves 2005 Buildoff Boat...............

personally, I would get a hood from Wammer, Legdrag, XFT, or WCF

Top Bottom