Super Jet Optima Racing RN Back to Basics Build

KMAC

X-
Thanks Mike! It's hard to see the blue pearl in the pics. I did a much better job the 2nd time around. ha ha!

TOBY

BNA
thats it blame it on life... the project ive been workin on for a wile now just sits in eather my shop or brians and gits talked about....

KMAC

X-
That's not blame, just priorities! Your project is much bigger than mine though. I'm still waiting on spy pics.
I'm over the hull repair/re-foam/paint/repaint after screwing up the clear coat hurdles now and will be dropping the motor in this weekend. Just need to sandblast the exh manifold and she's ready to go! Removing all this salt water corrosion doesn't speed up the process either...

KMAC

X-
Thanks to OptimaRacing for the Pole/steering setup and Toby for the chinpad. I'm starting to think this ski might actually see the water this summer!

SAM_1088.jpgSAM_1089.jpg

Looking good man!!

I was the one who almost went to take a look at this ski but it was sold. I ended up finding another RN SJ, but have been sidelined with studying and parents in town for 2 months(they live in Spain). At the rate I am going, I will be lucky to have completed before the 2013 Daytona Freeride.

I should have just rode it over the summer and hit the build hard over the winter...it wasn't tip top turn key but it ran fine.

Anyways...good looking ski...I envy the progress...congrats

Where r u located?

KMAC

X-
Looking good man!!

I was the one who almost went to take a look at this ski but it was sold. I ended up finding another RN SJ, but have been sidelined with studying and parents in town for 2 months(they live in Spain). At the rate I am going, I will be lucky to have completed before the 2013 Daytona Freeride.

I should have just rode it over the summer and hit the build hard over the winter...it wasn't tip top turn key but it ran fine.

Anyways...good looking ski...I envy the progress...congrats

Where r u located?

Thanks! Mine has been a challenge and much more work than I anticipated but it's finally coming together. I know what you mean but at least over the winter you can take your time and wont be in a rush to get to the water. Be sure to start a build thread so we can check it out!
I'm in Columbia SC area.

KMAC

X-
Well I finally finished the ski and want to take time to thank a few people.

Thanks to Blue for helping with the purchase and delivery.

I also want to thank Toby for the custom Chin Pad and the fiberglass repair support!

and finally, big thanks to Mike B @ Optima Racing for helping out not only with parts but with logistics and moral support along the way.

I have only ridden a couple of times but i'm happy with the stock hull and having a blast on it. I even tried a couple of backys on the lake last weekend. Lets just say I really tested those monkey grip motor mounts!
SAM_1282.jpg
SAM_1284.jpgSAM_1092.jpgSAM_1302.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom