Orange Beach Freestyle

Big Kahuna

Administrator
Gil, I beleive that is standard for the Nat Tour. 06 was that way in Mooresville........... If I am not mistaken, Mike counts you towards the regional points..... If you were 3rd over all but 2 pro's were above you, you would get counted as 1st in Am Freestyle. Could be wrong though.

RadRat

www.proridermag.com
Chic, awesome shots man, its great to see the pics of everyone going big! HUGE props for everyone who made it out to the event whether it was just participating in the pits or competing on the water. We are truly blessed to have such great people to be a part of our sport. See you all in Nashville!!

GIL

Power In The Hands Of Few
oh, as far as Trophys, who needs them.... Plus, if your gonna bitch about payout, then go pro. AM Freestyle NEVER has payout, nor should it.

As far as trophys go, you and I could care less-BUT-put your self in a kids shoes, after all, it is the kids we are trying to draw in to the sport!!!!!!!!!!!

As far as money goes-I totally agree with you, money should only be spent on the PRO riders as far as payout from the promoter. As far as our vendors/suppliers, I feel it is smart business on their behalf to spend a little on the amateur guys as alot of them did in Tupelo. I have not heard the 1st rider from this weekend complain, but you could definitely tell they were dis-appointed which SUCKS AZZ!!! One of the riders said it was his 1st and last freestyle comp!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Keep in mind- I have NOOOOOOOOOOO right to bitch as I was not there.
But I will be a voice for the riders w/a voice is needed!

Big Kahuna

Administrator
we need to direct this twards mike young from surf and turf. i will be giving him a call to offer our input on his format

This race was a National Tour Event. Mike Young was only the event promoter, Patrick Mel is who makes the decisions as far as Classifications and combining of classes. That is who you need to contact. On regular Surf and Turf Regionals Pro and AM Freestyle is scored independently of each other.

madscientist

chilling with these guys.
no problem bro, you do more then your share for the sport. we should all give a little to help each other out.

sorry again about the K (seriosly don't know where it came from)

RoyalFlush@PCB

Shootin' The Crap
I stand corrected. The 'National Tour' is to promote pro riders-not amateurs.

Jeez Gil, CHILL OUT!!! :17:

Freestyle wasn't the only class that was combined---there were many other classes that were combined to give a full field during the races. Combining classes is necessary sometimes and the scoring is determined by what class you entered, not necessarily by where you finished in a race. For instance, the 10-12 Juniors and the 13-15 Juniors are combined in a class---the best-finishing 10-12 Junior would be scored for a first place even if he/she came in fourth overall.

You didn't compete this time, so you can't bitch!

Congrats on the new house, BTW!!! :sneaky:

Start a new thread if you want to continue this crap---this is about pictures of the Freestylers that did make it to the event. :bigok:

Attachments

• Orange Beach 2008 161.jpg
    Orange Beach 2008 161.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:

GIL

Power In The Hands Of Few
Jeez Gil, CHILL OUT!!! :17:

Freestyle wasn't the only class that was combined---there were many other classes that were combined to give a full field during the races. Combining classes is necessary sometimes and the scoring is determined by what class you entered, not necessarily by where you finished in a race. For instance, the 10-12 Juniors and the 13-15 Juniors are combined in a class---the best-finishing 10-12 Junior would be scored for a first place even if he/she came in fourth overall.

You didn't compete this time, so you can't bitch!

Congrats on the new house, BTW!!! :sneaky:

Start a new thread if you want to continue this crap---this is about pictures of the Freestylers that did make it to the event. :bigok:

BTW-Sweet azz pics!!! Your camera skillz are pretty dam good!!! As u can tell between the job and buying a new house and NOT selling the old house UNTIL we are moved out of it has me a little ON THE RAG. LOL Oh yeah, and also ON THE RAG cuz I could go to O.B. this weekend. One more thread jack here-AFTER NATS-I'm having a freeride at the new house-3 BR, 3 BA, 2-2 car garages, tons of room to park chit and 180' waterfront-IF U DON'T COME AND HANG/RIDE FOR A WEEKEND-U will be on the ultimate loser/chit list.

back on topic now.

Top Bottom