Super Jet Painting Bottom deck.. What to use?

What is the best option with the least amount of sanding/prep work to paint the bottom deck? I just put some #zero tubbies on and I dont want to take the time to do a ton of prep work. I want to use bed liner but I feel like someone on here will convince me its a bad idea. I dont care about loss of speed if thats the only side effect.

Thanks

icecoled007

Captain of this ship
Ive heard the Appliance epoxy is ideal.... but I had bad luck with it. Lots of other people had beter luck. Buy the stuff in a can and use your own sprayer.

Bed liner - bad idea, dont do it.

AtomicPunk

Lifetime bans are AWESOME
Site Supporter
I used Interlux Brightside. You put it on with a brush, and it "self levels". I went this route because every time I try to spray something I really eff it up.
http://www.yachtpaint.com/usa/diy/products/finishes/brightside-polyurethane.aspx

Reasonably cheap. Went on pretty good (I should have stopped at 2 coats), holds up very good, touch ups are easy.

If you stick with white, you could knock it out pretty quick. I did black.

seems like a good option, I was just hoping for something with a "wrinkle" finish so I dont spend the spring sanding instead of riding haha. my bottom is already black and I would be using black again.

gel coat (when sprayed) typically leaves a wrinkled type finish. it's avoided when 'painting' because it takes a lot of time/effort to sand it smooth.
it works well when doing lay ups because the fiberglass/carbon on the back side pushes it flat against the mold.

I used Interlux Brightside. You put it on with a brush, and it "self levels". I went this route because every time I try to spray something I really eff it up.
http://www.yachtpaint.com/usa/diy/products/finishes/brightside-polyurethane.aspx

Reasonably cheap. Went on pretty good (I should have stopped at 2 coats), holds up very good, touch ups are easy.

If you stick with white, you could knock it out pretty quick. I did black.

Did you pick this stuff up somewhere or did you have to order it?

Top Bottom