Painting inside hull with a brush...

My walls are reinforced with black fiberglass and floot is coated with some type of black resin pain, seems like the same stuff used to glue the fiberglass panels to the sides. Ill be pulling out the engine and i plan on paintin the hull off white or something similar. I dont want to use spray paint because that stuff comes off to easy if its sitting in water especially. Any suggestions on what paint would work well to use with a brush or a roller?

godocgo

sport
you can use rustoleum marine paint and brush it on. they sell it at lowes for 10-12 a quart. comes in a few colors. comes out semi gloss. i brushed it on the inside of my hulls.

I ride flatwater only so no huge air, wondering if I should just clean my hull up and paint the interior, or if I need to go through reinforcing the interior with that black kevlar. I have my engine and everything out so now is the time to clean it up.

Thanks for the advice, the outside of my ski is thrashed, I will paint the inside and maybe do some reinforcement in the winter

accbr

addicted
If you're gonna reinforce it later you'll have to sand all that paint back off. I reinforced my bondline over the winter and painted the bilge with Rustoleum black bbq paint.

I was actually thinking about that when I was working on it today. Does anyone have a link to the thread where the black kevlar is laid in the interior? I cant seem to find it

Top Bottom