Paradise

probably a repost but heres a bit of aussie perfection:smokin: still my fave vid by a long way.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IfkOEpey8_c"]YouTube- Big Tuesday Jetski[/ame]

Matty

Fro Diesel

creative control
matty

who are the riders and where is that sick spot? I am headed to AU in June for a month. I just HAVE to ride some sickness like this.

turbo, the rider is Mark Tearle AKA "Big Dog". The spot is on the gold coast about 1 mile north of Surfers Paradise, please note it is not always like that there June (our winter) tends to be alot smaller but a lot more consistent whereas summer is usually big but can get a bit messy last summer we had min of 6 -7 ft swell for 3 months.

heres another vid first part is of the same spot second part is at double island point about 2.5 hrs north main rider is pete Sharky on here its a few years ago now.[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SVVd4zp0bMI&feature=player_embedded"]YouTube- Jet ski freestyle - Double island point[/ame].

Matty

Its all about the surf!
Sorry if my statement came across as arrogant. After re-reading my post I can see how it could be taken that way but that was not my intention, I was just calling it as I see it. I also was not saying the surf quality in Oceanside exceeds NZ at its best (Have you seen O’side at it’s best?) Every place has its good and bad days. What I did say was the surf quality in the video posted was far from perfect and resembles Oceanside on an AVERAGE day. I have been fortunate to travel and surf various places through out the world (I’ve never been to NZ) and have seen some REALLY good surf. This Forum is here for those with experience to share with those who don’t. Here’s a pic of our “other” riding spot on what I would call a very good (but still not perfect) day. This where I’m coming from, so the next time someone asks me if I want to ride Pismo, or move to Florida because the waters warm and you can park on the beach and I decline does that mean I’m arrogant?

Attachments

• Monday surf 2.jpg
    Monday surf 2.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 34
  • Monday surf 4.jpg
    Monday surf 4.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 31
Sorry if my statement came across as arrogant. After re-reading my post I can see how it could be taken that way but that was not my intention, I was just calling it as I see it. I also was not saying the surf quality in Oceanside exceeds NZ at its best (Have you seen O’side at it’s best?) Every place has its good and bad days. What I did say was the surf quality in the video posted was far from perfect and resembles Oceanside on an AVERAGE day. I have been fortunate to travel and surf various places through out the world (I’ve never been to NZ) and have seen some REALLY good surf. This Forum is here for those with experience to share with those who don’t. Here’s a pic of our “other” riding spot on what I would call a very good (but still not perfect) day. This where I’m coming from, so the next time someone asks me if I want to ride Pismo, or move to Florida because the waters warm and you can park on the beach and I decline does that mean I’m arrogant?

Dude i wouldn't worry to much...If you read your first post it comes across ok and your rite...The surf was crap lol...Your also rite in saying everywhere gets good surf...Now we all need to find somewhere thats warm,sunny,cheap and ALWAYS has nice offshore breezes and 5-6 sets rolling in lol

Ps...The last two pics you posted look just like a lefthand break we have here at a place called Raglan

Last edited:

...and to answer your question, NO.. Florida aint that bad of a place to be for surfriding. You can laugh, but it isn't..

:Banane09:

136882.jpg

:Banane09::Banane09:
121813.jpg

djkorn1

kidkornfilms
Site Supporter
Any ocean surf is perfect for me! Our best, most amazing days are like your below average days! It's all about perspective. I am sure people living on rivers and small lakes think our Lake Erie surf is awesome.

Matt_E

steals hub caps from cars
Site Supporter
I live near a River and don't think your lake Eerie surf is awesome. :biggrin:

I'll also admit that while I live 300 miles from surf, about 50% of my motor run time happened in salt water last year. :bigok:

Any ocean surf is perfect for me! Our best, most amazing days are like your below average days! It's all about perspective. I am sure people living on rivers and small lakes think our Lake Erie surf is awesome.

Your right DJ... it's all perspective. I'm still a fan of the vid in Benny's first post. No, it's not "west coast" style 12-16 foot "smooth" surf, but IMHO it's absolutely perfect. To me, surf riding isn't all about big air... although I do enjoy OC crew's vids.

That first vid reminds me of a good day in gulf shores or p-cola beach. Maybe it's all just what I'm used to...

Top Bottom