Parking sideways on the beach...

Jawbreaker

Rick James Edition
There's other peeps that wanna park too...:bs2:
Some peeps have to and I understand that but not everyone that is needs to... Not to mention there's no need for 10 ft between vehicles...

Last edited:

OCD Solutions

Original, Clean and Dependable Solutions
Park sideways on the beach, & take up as much room as you can. Not Cool!!!

Really high tide yesterday and today. Even parked sideways, the tide will be washing rims today.

We dropped everything on the beach and put out vehicles back in the parking lot just to keep them out of the water.

Vumad

Super Hero, with a cape!
I parked at about 10-20*. Took the same amount of space as my tuck would with both doors fully open. The only thing more lame than parking sideways is Parking so close to someone that they can't open their doors. After the last few Daytona where I got on the beach early and people parked mirror to mirror with me, I learned my lesson.

Not that I apply to what you are talking about, I wasn't taking any extra space. Just throwing in that blocking people in isn't cool either.

I had my truck about 5ft past the pillars when the tide really rolled in and beach patrol had nothing to say. The tide is just an excuse. If the water can hit your brake discs/drums, just pull up and back up when the tide goes back out.

I had my truck about 5ft past the pillars when the tide really rolled in and beach patrol had nothing to say. The tide is just an excuse. If the water can hit your brake discs/drums, just pull up and back up when the tide goes back out.

i get a little touchy about that because we have people who are trying their best to get driving on the beach banned and they like to run around and take pics of cars past the conservation poles. they've event taken pics of just tire tracks past the poles. definitely us locals will appreciate everyone following the rules, silly as they may be.

Me and the guys went with and met there parked sideways right at the conservation poles for two reasons, the tide and we had 12 to 15 skis on the beach most of the time. Some of the guys dropped their skis in front of our two trailers and then parked their trucks and trailers in the parking lot to save room for other people. Even though we parked the way we did the tide was still washing past the poles and our trucks into the conservation area. As for parking past the poles, we were told specifically not to by beach patrol even though the tide was like that.

naticen

Site Supporter
I park sideways to save spots for the rest of my crew. I get out there early with my girl to ride before it gets packed. Then, by about noontime, I pull it back straight for my buddies to squeeze in on the sides.

I feel like it's all good because out of the 50 vehicles out there in the morning, only 2 people are riding and 20 people are even on the beach. Everyone is just staking out there spot. We fit 3 vehicles, 6 skis, and 10 people in there by the end of the day. I think I was out there at 8:10 on Saturday, so I assume I was one that you were looking at.

I have no problem parking straight and telling my friends to get out early if they want a spot, but I see nothing wrong with it.

motozachl

uPsiDeDoWn
IMO the tide was not an excuse. Many were left just park parallel the entire event leaving many of us parked so far down that we were outside the ride area....

One thing I have noticed is everyone has been saying over and over that this is the Worlds Biggest freeride.

We park sideways, upside down, and backwards in Pismo and from the picture it looks to me that we have alot more skis on the beach and in the water.

Come to the Pismo spring Freeride and park anyway you want.

Mr Bojangles

Lord of the Dance
Park sideways on the beach, & take up as much room as you can. Not Cool!!!

I was there Friday and the tide was extremely high, i had to get my truck pulled out, even Saturday it got a bit high, but not that big of a deal if you had a small trailer setup. I was cool with the big trucks and trailers sideways, most were responsible and if they had a huge setup, they had enough skis warrant the space they took up. I did park next to one big trailer one day, and they let everyone in their group drop off there skis and then they parked off the beach. My only issue were the people that parked sideways or on the beach at all and never rode or take there skis off the trailer. There were a lot of people this year, and the zone was huge! I watched the beach patrol move the zone three times as the crowd grew, I think we took up a total of 5 hotel beaches when it was done!

naticen

Site Supporter
For those that don't feel like getting there early enough for a good spot, I think you should just drop your stuff off and come make some friends. I came back in from riding a few times to find people I don't know, friends from the day before, or friends from previous rides sitting on my trailer or in the back of my truck. That's one of the reasons I attend the freerides.

Top Bottom