Parts Supplier

I have been ordering parts off and on from parker yamaha for several years. I don't spend a lot, but they have always treated me good, unitl today.
The lady in the parts department was very rude and completely unhelpful. I need to order a few simple things... wrist pin bearings for 61x motor, circlips, couple of carb jets and springs, and some 1211.

I told her I needed wrist pin bearings for a 61x motor and she asked me for a part number. Told her I didn't have one and she asked for year and model of ski. I told her I am building a 61x motor for a 650 ski and don't have a year and make. She was very rude told me should couldn't help me with out a year and model and if she ordered any parts they would charge 20% restocking if they were incorrect and they would have to order the bearings cause they don't keep them in stock. I have always had really good luck ordering from parker but I guess it's time to find someone else that is more helpful and friendly.

Any ideas where else would be good to order from? Thanks for the help.

YAMA CAT

Catnip Junkie!
I have been ordering parts off and on from parker yamaha for several years. I don't spend a lot, but they have always treated me good, unitl today.
The lady in the parts department was very rude and completely unhelpful. I need to order a few simple things... wrist pin bearings for 61x motor, circlips, couple of carb jets and springs, and some 1211.

I told her I needed wrist pin bearings for a 61x motor and she asked me for a part number. Told her I didn't have one and she asked for year and model of ski. I told her I am building a 61x motor for a 650 ski and don't have a year and make. She was very rude told me should couldn't help me with out a year and model and if she ordered any parts they would charge 20% restocking if they were incorrect and they would have to order the bearings cause they don't keep them in stock. I have always had really good luck ordering from parker but I guess it's time to find someone else that is more helpful and friendly.

Any ideas where else would be good to order from? Thanks for the help.

I've always order online with them, and always had good luck. I guess things change

Try www.dgy.com I've order from them too, they good pricing as well.

2lick

Brap!!!
atlanticjetsports.com has always been super helpful and cheap and fast on shipping and good about returns.....

boats.net is good for oem!

tshank123

Yo hablo ingles
I've always ordered from Parker because they're close and hard to beat on prices. I did have one bad experience with them though. I ordered some UMI bars with a crossbar online. The order was taking a long time so I called them and they said they had to order them because they were out of stock. Well, the bars came, but no crossbar. I called them, I think I must of talked to the same lady. She didn't get my point that I wanted a crossbar, and they should of just called me if they couldn't get it. They charged for bars w/o crossbar, so I didn't get ripped off. However, the assumption was that I was just going to accept the other bars. She didn't even offer to remedy the situation, as if its ok to just send someone something different than what they ordered and just charge them accordingly.

All I know is this lady was extremely rude and very unhelpful. It was like I was inconveniencing her because I wanted to SPEND money!

I called atlanticjetsports.com today and they were EXTREMELY helpful and friendly. That is where I will be spending my money from now on. I just don't have much patience for someone that shows me complete disrespect. I am easy going guy and will show anyone respect unless there is a reason shown they don't deserve it, and I expect the same in return. Thanks for the tip on atlanticjetsports.com, they are good people.

Kennay

Squarenose for the _____
HELLO... don't get mad at the business, be mad at the lady. There is at least one dick head working at every company in the world. Call and complain to management.

750SX

DO IT
I just put in a large order with Parker. Hopefully everything works out ok. AJS is top notch as well! They are always helpful. Last year I ordered some wsm pistons. I guess they were out of stock, so AJS sent me pro-x's instead for the price of wsm's! That is hard to beat.

i order alot from parker, they do get kinda cranky when you dont have part numbers. atlantic is good to though, hopefully done ordering for awhile, last order is takin some time it seems...

HELLO... don't get mad at the business, be mad at the lady. There is at least one dick head working at every company in the world. Call and complain to management.

I am self employed. 99.9% of my business comes from referrals. If myself or one of my guys treated one of my customers like I was treated I would be shooting myself in the foot! You CANNOT run a successful business with customer service like that. And it starts at the TOP. I might call management, but that is just more of my time spent dealing w/ something that should have never been an issue. That's what makes this country great, if someone else is willing to do a better job at a fair price then they will get my business, however big or small.

i order alot from parker, they do get kinda cranky when you dont have part numbers.

That's part of the job when you have a parts business. Not something to get bent out of shape about.

tshank123

Yo hablo ingles
I just re-read your original post. Her rudeness is totally unacceptable. However, you cant expect someone in a parts department to find you a part if you dont have a part number, or a year and model number for them to look at the diagram with. You may get the guy who's into the sport and can help you because of his extended knowledge. But just telling a lay-person that you need wrist pin bearings for a 61X will get you nowhere. Just my 2 cents.

But just telling a lay-person that you need wrist pin bearings for a 61X will get you nowhere. Just my 2 cents.

Funny thing was when I told her that I needed the wrist pin bearing for a 61x motor she knew exactly what I was talking about. She said, "I just can't look up a 61x or 62t motor in my catalog..." Blah,blah, blah...

When I told the atlanticjetsports guy the same thing he asked "How many do you need..." Nothing about year, make, model, etc... He informed me that all the 6m6, 61x, 62t bearings are the same.

http://www.atlanticjetsports.com/top_end_wrist_pin_bearings.htm

A person working in the parts department of big personal watercraft business like parker yamaha would not be considered a lay person in my opinion, or maybe she is and that was the whole problem to begin with. Not having someone in the parts department that knows their stuff. I would consider myself the lay person. That's why I was talking to someone in the parts department that hopefully could have assisted me instead of giving me crap for not having the part number already.

Top Bottom