pematex or 3 bond for case contact ?

rebuilding my 750 .. I have everything ready to go .. rebuilt crank gaskets seals new pistons and mint cylinder stock bore fresh hone .. now do i use 3 bond or permatex .. what do you guys recomend bettween bottom case ?

When it comes time to tear down a motor (after using 1211), you will really appreciate of easily parts come apart and the stuff cleans off the mating surfaces with your finders/nails.

I hate scraping and picking off left over yamabond snot.

Oh, and for some reason I can't stop sniffing the stuff. So you see, it has many purposes.

I just got back from the yamaha dealer they said they usse threebond liquid gasket 1104 on there engine cases .. said it just cures faster .. Ibought a tube .. anyone use this one ?

Kaveman

Born in USA(not Kenya)
If you use Yamabond make sure it is Yamabond 4. It is a non hardening silicone. I use both Yamabond 4 and 3 bond 1211. One is white and the other is gray. Both are very thin and easy to clean off upon tear down. Either will be great.

Buy threebond. I posted before that yambond is discontinued. If you find it somewhere it wasnt made that recently and was just something that they had leftover. Honda is getting rid of almost all its chemicals too.

bought this stuff
threebond liquid gasket 1104
going to use it since they dealersays thats what he uses .. its was only 7.99 someone told me they bought 1211 and paid 20 bucks for the tube ! I would have prefered the 1211 but they didnthave any .. he said its basially the same just diffrent cure times .. which can make a difference i thought

D roc .. I had some permatex grey case seal in the toolbox .. was thinking about using it ,, my bro used it on 440 cases seems good .. didnt get out today on the skis .. just wrenched .. here is Scotty and my son Dano finishin up with teh JRE case block off :)

Attachments

• DSC00264.JPG
    DSC00264.JPG
    75.9 KB · Views: 23
  • DSC00263.JPG
    DSC00263.JPG
    90.2 KB · Views: 21
  • DSC00269.JPG
    DSC00269.JPG
    82.6 KB · Views: 25
  • DSC00270.JPG
    DSC00270.JPG
    79.2 KB · Views: 21

D-Roc

I forgot!
i also have used the grey, on dirtbike cases and it would seem very close to the 1211. both are thin and spread nicely. Is that a case drain block off plate i see, very nice. I am wondering what kinda pistons you put in that motor. How is scotty liking the superjet?

wsm piston kit with new wrist pins and needle bearings ,, just dropped it into the Kawasaki SS hull I have want to break it in then if it runs well the plan is to drop it into the X2 and maybe swap th e650 engine into the SS just for the hell of it or bench the engine and get rid of the hull not sure yet ,,

Top Bottom