Pensacola Beach Florida

Due to the recent lack of snow in the mid west we are planning on moving our annual holiday snowmobile trip to Pensacola Beach Florida as a jet ski trip. One thing that I noticed when looking into fishing down there is that red tide is in an out right now. Anyone in the area down there that can speak to this? Is it a bad idea to plan a trip for 12/27 - 1/2 if we would like to ride ski and do some fishing?

thanks in advance

Big Kahuna

Administrator
You can launch your ski from public ramp right at the Perdido Pass bridge and head straight out to the gulf. Great location. We use to have a Condo right near there, could launch on the bay side and ride out the pass. Many places to eat. @GUMP who use to post here works right by the pass, if he has the time he may be talked into riding.

98gti

C@R H@ul3R
Also check out Destin, about a hour to the east. Pensacola beach is beautiful, but very limited riding access for stand ups. Well, to the good spots anyways.

Thanks for the input guys. We have Marriott points that we are trying to use up before they expire so trying to do this as cheap as possible. Looks like there is a Marriott in Daytona on the beach but they are booked for our trip time frame

can anyone comment on the red tide?

98gti

C@R H@ul3R
My brother in law went surfing sunday on pensacola beach, he said his eyes were severly irritated and throat was bothering him. Its pretty nasty stuff, I wouldnt ride in it. Im not sure how long it hangs around.

98gti good info... yet bad news for our plans lol I wonder if they think it will be gone by the 27th of December ? or how long it needs to be gone to jet ski in or eat fish from the ocean? any way you think you could ask him for us?

thank you!

We are looking into other options on the Atlantic as was suggested above concurrently.

98gti

C@R H@ul3R
98gti good info... yet bad news for our plans lol I wonder if they think it will be gone by the 27th of December ? or how long it needs to be gone to jet ski in or eat fish from the ocean? any way you think you could ask him for us?

thank you!

We are looking into other options on the Atlantic as was suggested above concurrently.

He wont really know anymore than I do, hes out of town for work now. I'll let you know if I hear anything on the local news about it.

98gti

C@R H@ul3R
I just read your first post again and saw your dates, id imagine it will be gone by then. I'll still let you know if I hear anything about it.

Ok that's good news. Is this something that happens every year? Is it really not a big deal?

Also the weather looks to have a 60% chance of rain has it been pretty crummy down there and do you think it will actually rain as they say? Haha I know you're probably not a meteorologist just saying how it's been.
f04751e8b7fd54a24258f971f98e5122.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lol I hear what you are saying. I just don't want to be stuck in the hotel room the whole trip. We base a lot of what we do and don't do on the weather here in the Midwest unfortunately.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have you considered SE Fl: West Palm Beach, Fort Lauderdale, Miami..
You will find more social entertainment around the area than enywhere in the States.
Water here is always much warmer than anywhere up north. Canadians come down here every year to enjoy warm weather and ocean all year round.
Surf during winter is pretty decent: 7+ft almost every week and again water is warm.
Great group of surf riders you can ride with and enjoy the surf. Something you should have in mind riding evem flat surf is a bit risky game if you are by yourself.
We mostly ride at Boynton Beach inlet.
You can check us out at facebook page: Florida Freeriders

Top Bottom