Performance mods to an 1100?

95_waveraider_riverrunner

hobbies:lacrosse-n-ski's
Just wonderin when my SBT motor goes, i will get an 1100 motor for my 95 waveraider, just wanted to know what performance mods they can get?
pipes
water injection
maybe pistons
reeds
carbs
other misc. items for them
thanks
brian

T-bone

brraap....thats so 2002
if you go to TUC (the other site) and post or even seach the topic of 1100 mods im sure you will find your fill.

Ok, how fast can i get a stand up to go? because im in the need for speed, and sit downs look like they go the fastest comparatively, can i get one to go 60+? (stand up) without alot of mods?

Ok, how fast can i get a stand up to go? because im in the need for speed, and sit downs look like they go the fastest comparatively, can i get one to go 60+? (stand up) without alot of mods?

sounds like youre bored with your couch and you want more speed. do you know whats going to happen after you dump your money into a 'faster' engine? you will be bored again. why? because couches are boring and no matter what you do to them, theyre going to be big, heavy, boring couches.

"WOOHOO!!! look at me, im going fast in a straight line just like my gramma can do!"

unless youre cripple or an old fart, get yourself a superjet and dump that fat couch.:biggthumpup:

2002zxi

Got old, bought another ski
hey... I've got a seadoo RXP for sale if you want it. I have a place on lake of the ozarks... I'll let you ride it all day on the ozarks if you want to consider buying it.

wow... i dont have nearly enough money to buy a RXP! im working two jobs right now and i am 17! I got the waveraider for $500 and put in the cheaper of the two motors (the 701t) that it originally came with for $700 and that was enough to get me around this summer. Also, i dont want to be too contradictory, but the waveraider is not a huge couch, it is smaller than my XP!!! and that is a small machine, its on par with the size (slightly larger) than a waveblaster. now i have my 2nd job im looking for upgrades. but, cheaper old stand ups for less than 2 grand are a possibility.

coming from me this will sound odd but sell your raider and the XP and buy a round nose superjet..... with the stockpile of parts on this site you could build yourself one for relatively cheap. i am the biggest advocate of the couch being as i race one but i have recently ridden standups and i can say when the time comes for a new ski i am buying one

or you could

Save your money and buy a newer gp1200 if you get another couch... basically when you toast your sbt motor your gonna get another 701... you can only get a bigger motor if you send them a bigger motor.

the raider hull is nice but has a habit to turn itself left at a given speed

Dan, problem corrected with new nozzle and intake grate when i replaced the prop, it goes a solid 56mph on GPS with open F/A, boyeson reeds, R&D intake grate, solas prop and reduction nozzle. I really like my XP when it was running and i am putting a race motor in it. I would like a project skii (stand-up) but, i like to go on cruises and play around in one spot also... I go on cruises alot with my buds on the river, in which a stand up wouldnt be practical. also, if i were to get a stand up, i would want it to run atleast 50mph.
if anyone is selling an older skii for less than $1500 i will be looking.
brian

. also, if i were to get a stand up, i would want it to run atleast 50mph.
brian

No you wouldn't. Not for very long anyway. Top speed on a superjet is way down on the list of thrilling things to do on one, no matter what the top speed is. Get a standup and your buddies will ride it and decide that their sitdowns are lame and get standups too. That's how it works. I promise. BTW PLEASE don't say that the raider is similar in size to a blaster. It's not. They are two completely different machines.
Good luck
Garrett

surfjetlouie

R.I.P. 11/27/2008
speed

can you handle speed on a standup? At speed of 50+ on a standup is way different the 50 on a couch. try to find someone that as a sxi 750 or superjet and get someone to take a couple picture then post them here so we can see how good you will do at 50 + on a standup.:scared: a stand up riding is like learning to walk after a major accident well for most of the coucher.

meatball

User Title Unavailable
between going 55 on my neighbors FX 140 and 38 on my currently stock 650, Ill say going flat out on the SJ is much harder and more thrilling then on the FX140, which gets boring after about 20 minutes of straight line riding. Try and find an SJ to test drive, you'll be amazed.

Does anyone do any type of cruising on a stand up? because thats pretty much all we do on the river is go to two branch, masons chute, iowa island... those are places we bust missions to on the weekends and go screw around at. the farthest is two branch which is a good half hour cruise at 35mph.

Top Bottom