Persuade me not to build

I currently have a 91 sn 650. Yesterday I aquired a 90 x2 and with it came a 93 vxr pro 700 waverunner.

By next spring I need to add another superjet to the collection (my fiancé wants/needs her own). I'm hoping you guys can help me decide how to go about that. Rn or sn doesn't matter much, I want a 701, she is fine on a 650. I want to buy another hull and piece together a sj and glass in footholds, but I'm concerned about overall cost.

Do I
1. Find a cheap hull and swap the engine/pump out of the vxr to build my own sj
2. Swap the 650/700 and sell the vxr with a 650 in it, use the cash to buy a stock sn 650
3. Swap the 650/700 and part out the vxr to buy a stock sn650.

Which option will result in a sj650 and a sj701 for the cheapest out of pocket cost. Thanks in advance for all of your opinions.

Vumad

Super Hero, with a cape!
Part out the vxr, but keep donor parts. Look for a complete SJ clean and ready to ride, but know you have the VXR motor in your back pocket. If you find a good complete ski, sell the motor, if you find a good parts ski, drop in the motor.

Part out the vxr, but keep donor parts. Look for a complete SJ clean and ready to ride, but know you have the VXR motor in your back pocket. If you find a good complete ski, sell the motor, if you find a good parts ski, drop in the motor.
My biggest concern is the ability to part out the vxr. Do vxr parts still hold much value? I don't see many vxr's or waverunner lll's around in my area.

Top Bottom