photo contest

Rustymuscle

Editor-in-Chief, The Watercraft Journal
Can I be laying in the tray?
Technically, yes. The contest category is defined by The Deepest Barrel, deepest, not biggest. Just so you guys know, Taylor wasn't standing up in the cover, he was one knee down. But the image was super sharp, amazingly colorful, and just plain awesome. There's not much arguing that it was just an amazing cover. We want to repeat it every year. That's part of why this contest is happening.

If only there were a section for the biggest re-entry on the smallest wave... I'd be all over that.
Since The Blowsion Big Shot Awards is designed to be a yearly tradition, there's always potential for future categories. It just all depends on how well received this first year's contest is. We've already gotten offers from companies wanting to get in early sponsorship for next year.

hay que estar un poco pillado para estar debajo de una ola asi ufffff
Si, es posible' que la majoria de ellos estan un poco fregados mentales que participan in esto, pero espero que sus picturas son salvajes.

Last edited:

T Curtis

RRP/ RICKTER DEALER
contest

Stoked on the contest! For the record, I was Not kneeling in the photo. Im crouched down like a surfer would do in the tube. Look closely at he photo my right knee behind the chinpad. I think laying down is cheating, cmon Joe you can do it like a Man. Laying down woud be like a sponger (boogie boarder) in a surfing contest against surfboards.
Good luck to all. Time to head west

Last edited:

Rustymuscle

Editor-in-Chief, The Watercraft Journal
For the record, I was not kneeling in the photo. Im crouched down like a surfer would do in the tube. Look closely at the photo, my right knee behind the chinpad.

That's my mistake. You're right. Either way, it was this photo (and my recent trip to the Daytona Freeride) that inspired this whole contest.

Thanks go out to Taylor, Ross, Pete at Wamilton's, Josh Lustic, and Ronny Mac for harassing me into making this a reality!

joe b

depth tester
I think laying down is cheating, cmon Joe you can do it like a Man. Laying down woud be like a sponger (boogie boarder) in a surfing contest against surfboards.
Good luck to all. Time to head west

hehehe... cmon, I was just trying to even the playing field:silly:

If I'm laying down then I need a tow:headbang:

for the record: Awesome cover shot:headbang:

I'm subscribing!!!!:thinkerg:

Top Bottom