Pics of my break!!!!

Mike, You're a lucky guy. A "Open Marine Fracture"' is the worst and the chance of infection is high. There was talk of amputation from the doc$ when I broke mine. The break was cake....the IV antibiotics almost killed me.

AAaaaah... what do they know? :moon:

Hope you feel better soon!
Nice pic's, too bad about the break! I crushed an arm and an elbow when I sailed back into my ski a few years ago. An open wound and a ton of antibiotics, well Flash is right, the antibiotics were the worst part, couldn't keep any food down for 3 weeks until I quit the pills. The weight loss didnt hurt me too much though!
So what were you doing to deserve this?

sjetrider

615 Freeriders are addicted to T1 madness.
DAYUM Mike, you are the man, talk about giving it everything bro!!!!!!!!!!!!! The pic of the backy that caused this is now my screen saver. Hope your recovery is quick and the stress and pain minimal bro!:biggthumpup: Hope to see ya in Daytona!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Y

yamaslut

damn.... glad to hear you are geting better Mike...

here are some floweres for ya :flowers1:

this belongs in the carnage section if anything does... he he he

SJBrit

Extraordinary Alien
Half an inch missing?!! Uh - where did it go...? Hope you're feeling better soon Mike. I hate that you have a 6 month recovery ahead of you though - that sounds like a long time to be off your ski. Good luck not going insane :aargh4: :bigok:

Odd Duck

Jet Vet
Half an inch missing?!! Uh - where did it go...? Hope you're feeling better soon Mike. I hate that you have a 6 month recovery ahead of you though - that sounds like a long time to be off your ski. Good luck not going insane :aargh4: :bigok:

That's those 2 fragments that you can see off to either side of the fibula. Plus they may have had to shave off a bit in the cleaning process, it may have been the fibula that got exposed through the skin. They'd do more damage than good trying to get those little fragments back into place. The fibula plays only a minor role for people, some muscle attachments and such. It will actually regrow over that gap or the fibula ends will just attach to the tibia. It can be a source of pain farther in the future than the break of the bigger, stronger tibia where they placed the rod.

So all this and anything the fish got at Pismo. :jester:

Last edited:

Mike Serlin

NOW SPORTING A BIONIC LEG
Thanks guys. With the rod there is no reason for a cast or boot, so that means i can start physical therapy immediately which should give a good jump on the recovery. I can't believe how perfectly that rod goes through the center of my tibia. you would think the bone would just shatter when they hammer the thing in. Those anitbiotics sucked almost as bad as the catheter. I was on 8 different kinds while I was in the hospital and lost 15 lbs in just 8 days.

Odd Duck

Jet Vet
Thanks guys. With the rod there is no reason for a cast or boot, so that means i can start physical therapy immediately which should give a good jump on the recovery. I can't believe how perfectly that rod goes through the center of my tibia. you would think the bone would just shatter when they hammer the thing in. Those anitbiotics sucked almost as bad as the catheter. I was on 8 different kinds while I was in the hospital and lost 15 lbs in just 8 days.

If your surgeon messes up, it can shatter. It's critical to choose the right size rod and to insert it correctly. Dayum about the 15 pounds, that's a lot for 8 days. Glad you're feeling better, now.

its good to hear you dont have to rock a cast or a boot, thats how it was for me too i broke my femur, a day later i am home on crutches with no cast....sucks to hear you needed a catheter, i had one in for a week once for another injury and that was more uncomfortable than my actual injury.

hope your feeling better soon, and good luck with a speedy recovery.

remember, chicks dig scars

rasper99

Freighter wake hunter
Mike, You're a lucky guy. A "Open Marine Fracture"' is the worst and the chance of infection is high. There was talk of amputation from the doc$ when I broke mine. The break was cake....the IV antibiotics almost killed me.

AAaaaah... what do they know? :moon:

Hope you feel better soon!
There was something in another thread about his wetsuit being a big help keeping a lot of the sea water out.

LBE

Eddie Would Go.
Nice rod dude!

You should have had them remove the other bone. Reinforce one, and remove the other for weight.

:Banane35: to a speedy recovery!

Last edited:
Top Bottom