SXR Pigs Can Fly.......Kinda

CD155MX

Squirrel!!!
So I'm getting closer to rolling my pig of an SXR. All 400 lbs. of it, haha. I just thought I would share.
Someday when funds allow I will build or buy a freestyle ski, but for now I'm rocking what I got. :bad3:

Capture1.jpg

Capture2.jpg

Capture3.jpg

Capture4.jpg

CD155MX

Squirrel!!!
Perfect body posture! Anyone thinking of learning a roll, look closely at his head and body twist.
Nice.

Thank you for the nice words. It’s encouraging!

I have watched the vid that I pulled these shots from at least 20 times trying to critique myself and I was thinking that my should be closer to the ski in the second frame but still have the body twist....

CD155MX

Squirrel!!!
very nice! now when funds allow are you going to mod your sxr or build a new hull for freestyle?

Honestly I love my SXR for a fun all around rec ski on the lake. Its great for chasing friends in and out of coves, jumping boat wakes, and basic freestyle stuff. I'm only trying to barell roll an SXR as my own personal goal just to prove to myself that I can do it. With the mods I have done its fun and playful but it will never ever make a good freestyle ski. That being said I will never get rid of it, but would I would like to have a dedicated freestyle ski as well.

When my funds allow I will be buying or building a dedicated freestlye ski. I have ridden a BOB, a ROK, and SubnSXR's G3 (300SX built up FS ski). All of them are much better options than an SXR. I really want to try a Matrix as well. When I have some extra funds I will be looking much more carefully at one of these skis.

Last edited:

CD155MX

Squirrel!!!
yea i hear yea the sxr is a hog lol what do you have done to your current sxr??

I have:
footholds
umi pole
B pipe
Accel flywheel
TBM pump stuffer
Z force waterbox
D cut stock ride plate
Trim
Stock impeller
Scoop grate
Dump valve and bilge pump
Hand holds

Before next season I would like to cit the hood liner out of my hood and mill my head to bump the compression up slightly. After in do these two things I think I will be done with the ski. I won't add anything else. It's a really fun lake and river ski to go rip on. I will keep it bit begin looking into a superfreak, xfs, matrix, or Rok.

Top Bottom