pisser and restrictor plumbing

Pablo

sqeez bth levrs & lean bk
Site Supporter
i know, i know, i know...but I can't find a solid answer so I'm posting.

Routing the cooling. I'm running a single line cooling setup on my 61x, limited bpipe, TL and solas 13/16.

I've got one cylinder-head outlet going to head pipe. Planning on running the other cylinder-head outlet to the pisser w/ a 4mm restrictor. Can I "T" in to the pisser line w/ the dump line from the head pipe-to-stinger line? I've got a standard FCV in the stinger line, but don't know if I need another pisser or just "T" into the existing pisser?

I've read lots of plumbing posts and see where lots of folks "T" both lines from head together and run to head-pipe. Is that so much flow to head pipe that the screws are nearly all shut? I'm not interested in 1/8 turn here and 1/8 turn there. I want 1/4 turns or more.

Last edited:

Pablo

Site Supporter
Somebody show me some love so i don't go drill another hole in my boat if i don't need it.

SUPERTUNE

Race Gas Rules
No need to re-invent the wheel, Use 1) 3/8 line out from head to pipe, out of pipe to 'T' fitting straight, straight from 'T' to jetworks valve, then on to stinger, side of 'T to 3/8 bypass outside of hull.

Last edited:
So if a guy doesn't have a FCV should I run any kind of restrictor in the line to the stinger after the T? I am using a sizzler pipe. Or would that dry things out too much? Thanks.

Pablo

Site Supporter
bassman, u might PM supertune if u don't get someone else to drop some knowledge. i've never run that pipe, but i bet supertune or superjet113 or any of the other encyclopedia's will know what's up.

Motorheads5

Livin the generation gap
I am gonna stick with the simple fact that no restriction rock's. uncapped header's yeah I know two stroke pulse blah blah however I did not build the pipe run it as hot as a sizzle on the headpipe and don't melt anything down the line.

SUPERTUNE

Race Gas Rules
I don't remember much about the coffman sizzler. I played a little with them back when they came out, then I got sponsored by Factory Pipe and didn't go back to using them... It's old school stuff now. FCV generally work well on stingers on all pipe brands.

McDog

Other Administrator
Staff member
Don't run any restrictors. Not unless the water temp is below 60 degrees. I know your candy a$$ isn't riding in any cold water, so don't use a restrictor.

Midlake Crisis

Site Supporter
Restrict with FCV?

No need to re-invent the wheel, Use 1) 3/8 line out from head to pipe, out of pipe to 'T' fitting straight, straight from 'T' to jetworks valve, then on to stinger, side of 'T to 3/8 bypass outside of hull.
This is how mine is plumbed. I just added the FCV and am going to run it tomorrow. I have a makeshift restrictor in the stinger that seemed to work fine w/out the FCV, should I leave it in there with the FCV installed or take it out?

Top Bottom