Piston Assembly

When I was taking my engine apart, and ordering some new circlips I noticed a part on the diagram that wasnt there when I was taking the piston off. Its a little washer that goes between the pin and the circlips. Im positive it wasnt even on there, my engine has been running great all season long, so I didnt even bother to get new ones. What is your thought on this?

SKU: 90201-20M04-00
WASHER, PLATE

Waternut

Customizing addict
I've ripped into a lot of kawi and SJ motors... Never seen a washer on the wrist pin. I've always seen 1 wrist pin, 1 wrist pin bearing, 1 piston, and 2 circlips.

Matt_E

steals hub caps from cars
Site Supporter
They're called thrust washers. 701's had them, 650's did not.
If you want to run without them, I'd get the 650 Yamaha bearings which are slightly wider.

Yami-Rider

TigerCraft FV-PRO
I have rebuild 3 different 701's and they all had thrust washer. I feel Yamaha must of put them in there for a reason, so run them.

Crab

thanks darin...noswad!
Engine builders will tell you not to run them, get the wider oem bearings, its just another thing to fail.

SUPERTUNE

Race Gas Rules
They're called thrust washers. 701's had them, 650's did not.
If you want to run without them, I'd get the 650 Yamaha bearings which are slightly wider.

Bingo! Matt is right.
The last 2 digits of the OEM part # for 701 is U2, (short bearing)
Last 2 digits for the 650 bearing is U3. (longer bearing)
OR use the Wiseco # 1023 for the Kawasaki 750 small pin engine. (recommended)

SUPERTUNE

Race Gas Rules
Do you have any calipers to measure them for total length? If so post it here and I'll give you an answer and/or I'll post the size tomorrow when I'm at the shop...
Chuck

measurements might not be 100% right but you can see that there is a size difference

Attachments

• P4020006.JPG
    P4020006.JPG
    85.7 KB · Views: 35
  • P4020007.JPG
    P4020007.JPG
    85.2 KB · Views: 44
  • P4020008.JPG
    P4020008.JPG
    86.2 KB · Views: 47
Top Bottom