Piston Wash Pics. Let Me Know If Lean Or Rich

Since Randy from watcon is out of town, I need some in put on this piston wash. I am trying to dial in my carbs and just want to know if I can go leaner. I have a 2003 octane with novi 48mm. It is jetted at 115L 120H 95G spring. Let me know if I should go to a 115H or what you recommend.

Attachments

• Picture.jpg
    Picture.jpg
    136 KB · Views: 153

WaveDemon

Not Dead - Notable Member
rich. the wash should be the size of your finger nail.

if it's running good I"d be happy with that though. you've got a little safety factor there.

Philip Clemmons

Owner, P&P Performance
Rich for sure..................but if it aint broke dont fix it!

If its not killing plugs or running poorly, leave it alone. As Wavedemon said, you have a safety factor there................

It runs pretty good, the leaner I go the more rpm it pics up and it holds it to. It drops maybe 10 rpm or so but thats just from hitting waves. How long does it take for piston wash to build. That has about 2 hours of ridde time with the jetting I have set up for it. I do not follow out plugs, they also look a little rich. I may drop a jet size one more time and leave it at that. How much more perfromance can you gain by a jet size or 2.

WaveDemon

Not Dead - Notable Member
It runs pretty good, the leaner I go the more rpm it pics up and it holds it to. It drops maybe 10 rpm or so but thats just from hitting waves. How long does it take for piston wash to build. That has about 2 hours of ridde time with the jetting I have set up for it. I do not follow out plugs, they also look a little rich. I may drop a jet size one more time and leave it at that. How much more perfromance can you gain by a jet size or 2.
with your 2 hours you should have an accurate piston wash reading.

Top Bottom