Surfriding Playing in the surf with yet another gopro mount

Mr Bojangles

Lord of the Dance
I modified my over the should camera mount with a counterweight system. Needs a few small tweaks, got a little to lose in the end, but now no mater my body position, it keeps the camera dead ahead, got some cool shots I think. Excuse the metal, I love me some metal!

Last edited by a moderator:

Mr Bojangles

Lord of the Dance
Thanks!

here are some pics

A0E56EBD-83A0-46E0-B2FF-56760BCC7430-18695-000011312F92B034.jpg

and forward some

D5F35C34-7375-4E90-A34B-8C2B2B9A448B-18695-00001131331006DF.jpg

Speleopower

got a Superjet
Hahahha I thought that was NASA spaceship grade stainless steel for the counter weight....looks like good 'ol Harbor Freight struck again. I might be able to get some stainless from my brother. Do you remember what the threads are? Not even out of the water and it was rusted.
Yes this version of the camback is good. Now to fix up mine. The video is great and never make excuses for metal. They can turn down the volume.
-Scott

Last edited:

Mr Bojangles

Lord of the Dance
Flash-Fx, I will be there, just look for the ski or my stuff everywhere, can miss my logo

Scott, all of the threads are standard camera tripod mounts, it 1/4 20 pitch. I think I will just sand it down and paint it

Mr Bojangles

Lord of the Dance
One of the worst vids I've seen.
Awful music.
Nothing cool in the riding to salvage it.

Sorry.

its ok, I just ride to have fun

Hate dubstep and other types of music, metal is me, mute it if you dont like it

any other constructive criticism? Ive been playing with mounts and I am just trying to make a cool one, tired of head cams and pole views, so any input is appreciated

Nice video, sweet mount, the metal really scared me, what pole is that!

its a PFRacing pole

i think you may have mistakenly added a recording from an emergency room where someone was being operated on without anesthesia as opposed to a song.

Thanks!

here are some pics

A0E56EBD-83A0-46E0-B2FF-56760BCC7430-18695-000011312F92B034.jpg

and forward some

D5F35C34-7375-4E90-A34B-8C2B2B9A448B-18695-00001131331006DF.jpg
why the counter weight?? just a thought but the lighter you can get it back there the less you would notice it right? im thinking maybe a shock of some sort to absorb the impact but no counter weight, and with less weight you could get it farther back for a wider shot of you. just a though, but i like the idea i think i will end up making one! as for rusting and again weight use aluminum

Speleopower

got a Superjet
The counter weight I think needs to be pretty heavy. Actually I think it should be a little more heavy. It needs to dampen out the movement and also make sure the camera moves when it needs to. It's on a back pack and only weighs a couple pounds. You don't notice it there.

Does anyone have a GoPro case for a GoPro Hero 1? My cam is a few years old and I only have the velcro wrist type case.
-Scott

Top Bottom