Other Please turn in your gopros and get one of these instead..

Old news there and not practical...

- not everyone rides shore break
- not everyone launches from the beach, who wants to tote crap around and "setup" filming
- and most places you're gonna need a bodyguard to protect your equipment mind as well call them a photographer

wydopen

onthepipe
Old news there and not practical...

- not everyone rides shore break
- not everyone launches from the beach, who wants to tote crap around and "setup" filming
- and most places you're gonna need a bodyguard to protect your equipment mind as well call them a photographer

news to me
-sucks for them
-if u want to get something that looks halfway descent you have to spend the 5min it takes to set a camera up..not to mention gopros arnt maintenance free (i rode with one once and lost it in the first two min)
-guess u didnt see the part where u can lock it up

ps i snapped that handlepole in your avatar 5years ago might be time for an updated pic haha

Last edited:
-guess u didnt see the part where u can lock it up

ps i snapped that handlepole in your avatar 5years ago might be time for an updated pic haha

To what? Sand?

I remember you saying you had to get a stress crack welded... same place? Still like that one better than the xmetal I swapped it out for. Now stock is best imo.

wydopen

onthepipe
To what? Sand?

I remember you saying you had to get a stress crack welded... same place? Still like that one better than the xmetal I swapped it out for. Now stock is best imo.

yea i wish i still had it..i would have welded it but we were on a trip so i had the rrp shipped out and had to throw the umi away because there was no room in the crates to get it sent back..i like the look of those poles way better..they all broke in the same spot..they made special ones for JK and taylor that were gusseted..

Last edited:

Its all about the surf!
I've seen that before, It looks pretty cool. Everyones an ego maniac in this sport so no body wants to sit on shore an video. I don't think it will replace the GoPro, thats like comparing apples to oranges. Pull the trigger Andrew and get one and let us know how it works

So 5oo bucks for a motorized tripod, you need to wear a receiver and you still need a camera ???

wydopen

onthepipe
I've seen that before, It looks pretty cool. Everyones an ego maniac in this sport so no body wants to sit on shore an video. I don't think it will replace the GoPro, thats like comparing apples to oranges. Pull the trigger Andrew and get one and let us know how it works

luckily i have a camera man with a 5k$ camera and lens haha not to mention a place to ride where u can film from the beach

I like watching gopro vids as long as there is a reference. The bow of the ski is fine. The only time I don't need to see the front of the ski is when the focus is another rider.

So 5oo bucks for a motorized tripod, you need to wear a receiver and you still need a camera ???

I Agree too much money for what it is , maybe if you have nobody to turn the tripod for you and you dont have a gopro but a decent camera sure, but it wont replace a gopro as its like seeing the riders point of view and what he's doing up close, and over here there not many great shots from the beach, but i guess it would make for a good part of an edit/montage

djkorn1

kidkornfilms
Site Supporter
Or glue some turf to it...

This seems like a cool idea, but I have to ride pretty far out...
If it went up and down, that would help, but it seems to only pan left and right..would be cool for watch yourself ride to improve, but I doubt the vids would come out that good.

Last edited:

kcmasterpiece

Sweet Baby Ray's Sucks
That's actually pretty cool. Id give it a try if it was cheaper.

I'm getting sick of gopro vids too. Im also getting sick of working with them. It takes a lot of work and editing to make a helmet cam video look good and somewhat entertaining. This is why i picked up a Canon T3i. hopefully i can make some cool offshore videos instead.

Top Bottom