Octane Polaris no spark but spark off the SOLENOID

hey guys i got a 2002 octane and problems....lol i got no spark on the plugs but the motor is turning and i have all kinds of diffrent spark...off the battery off the solenois its sparking evreywhere...im not sure why ill be waiting on your reply thanks

58vwragtop

Braap Certified
I believe that there are fuses in the electrical box, maybe on the cdi itself. I cant remember. Check and make sure you have a full charged battery, the octane is picky and likes a full charge. Also the cdi is kind of common to go bad. You might get a hold of Randy at Watcon.com he knows EVERYTHING about the octane.

The 3 most common failures that cause a lack of spark are the stator, the CDI, and the LR module (voltage regulator). Other possibilities are the kill switch and ignition coil, but these rarely fail. Also, make sure the battery voltage stays above about 10 volts WHILE CRANKING the engine. These ignition systems are sensitive batteries that are low or weak. There is a fair amount of discussion on troubleshooting this ignition system on this forum. If you do a search you should be able to find the info you need.

It sounds like you have a major problem Shane.
If you are seeing sparks jump from your starter solenoid, etc then your stator is most likely grounding internally..
The best plan of attack is for you to mail me your COMPLETE electrical box, and I will test the entire assembly on my spin tester. The fee is $50.00 for diagnosis, and I can determine exactly what component is defective. If everything works fine in your E-box, then you will know the stator is bad.

I can test Polaris TWIN CDI's individually also..

PS, all the posts above are correct.. They are offering excellent advice.

Regards,
Randy

Top Bottom