Polarised Sunglasses for the water.

Looking for something for under 100, cheaper the better. Just want something that floats and/or strap preferred, and a bright color just in case.

hornedogg79

dodgin' bass boats
Bomber rep (a wavejunkie) was at the Topsail nc freeride this past weekend. My wife and I bought a few pair and we are both happy with them.

Bomber rep (a wavejunkie) was at the Topsail nc freeride this past weekend. My wife and I bought a few pair and we are both happy with them.
What model did you guys buy? Besides keeping them on and sun glare, how's the water detail? We get debris after storms a lot that'll clog you up.

hornedogg79

dodgin' bass boats
What model did you guys buy? Besides keeping them on and sun glare, how's the water detail? We get debris after storms a lot that'll clog you up.
Clutch for her and Smart Bomb for me. Both polarized but I haven't really looked at water with them yet. Light and comfortable.

Man I never cared for sunglasses but now I find myself needing them. Age.
Yeah. I have some eye issues now that make me hyper sensitive to light. I started wearing sunglasses and when i discovered polarised it was a game changer. I cant explain it other than daylight is soothing instead of white washed out. Colors contrast way better. Every color is just more....that color.

bored&stroked

Urban redneck
Bomber's are the shiz nittle bam snip snap snap.
I can get a $15 pair to use and not worry about loosing or breaking, and I can get $60-80 pairs that are nice for every day use.

Yeah so what are you guys doing who need glasses? I've been using a crappy pair of prescription sports sunglasses that I got from Zenni but they are pretty cheap. Looking for something better. A friend of mine is pushing me towards contacts, but losing a contact seems worse than dealing with prescription goggles.

Just found spex does a thing where they will send you 4 pairs for free to try on and return again for free. I have 4 different presc sport goggles on the way to test for fit cost me $1.94 total (they charge $1.94 so they can later charge you in full if you don't return them).

Every single pair of bomber sunglasses I have bought, either sunk in the river. Or blew the lenses out when I fell while riding. Probably 7 or 8 pairs. Not exactly sure why I kept buying them

If your gonna ride with them, choose a different brand. I'd get the cheap 6 foliar ones at Amazon and attach the float rope

I use

SPEX USA Amphibian Eyewear​

they drain well, float , don't fog and they are polarized. Been using them for years on stand up and my air couch, they really help reading waves. I was able to find them in really rough surf when I got tossed and rolled ski in surf. Best thing is I can see the waves building so I am able to jump more .

I'm more interested in avoiding the blinding white-wash sun and making sure I can eat s***t with them still around my neck than detail. Do I want detail of course, but I've been squinting more and more for years and I'm now to the point where I just hate dealing with the sun. It's crazy how you take your senses for granted until one starts to deteriorate and you start to notice how much you rely on it.

Top Bottom