Surfriding Pole options and thoughts....

If I didin't already have a WDK I would be looking at that Wami carbon stocker! Probably high quality and light!

you could carbon wrap the stocker and overlap the top and bottom brackets. i did this with like 4 layers of carbon overlap and 2 layers on the whole pole. seems to be holding up great after breaking pole brackets.
post #30 http://www.x-h2o.com/threads/77910-2008-sj-Pole-chop-and-carbon-wrap/page2

That was kind of the standard way we used to do them, except we would just glass wrap the top and bottom. Problem is when the pot metal breaks down at the pole bracket.

Buzzard...is the 650 spring a pretty easy fit?[/QUOTE

since its made of smaller diameter spring steel, the overall diameter is smaller. i run 2 squarenose bellows for the cables and wires. i tried a 440 spring but it was too weak and a 750/800 spring too strong. 650 spring was easy. you must be having nightmares from putting those riva springs in superjets. they usually break in the middle of the night while camping at pismo for the weekend.

sj762 and myself have been running the SS springs from sjetrider with the RN bolt on the XM adj pole and it works awesome on our Freaks.The leg of the spring rest on a small aluminum plate bolted down to the hull.

Last edited:
DSCF3621.jpgDSCF3622.jpgDSCF3623.jpgDSCF3624.jpg if you dont run a spring, making your own pole is dirt cheap, custom fit to length and very light. i've made a couple and since i use 2.5" tubes & clean setup at the crown, they dont look near as hillbilly as the rest of the peasant poles i've seen. 40 bucks in materials and $100 for professional welding. if its for a personal beater, who cares? and i know, you can make a roach look good.

sjetrider

615 Freeriders are addicted to T1 madness.
I love the CF / Carbon idea myself. But no adjustability and the cost is overwhelming. understandably as the parts require a large chunk of billet and alot of machining.
Maybe just use OEM top side and CF bottom? All my OEM poles broke at the bottom anyways.
TEM at Superfreak makes a nice pole but you have to know exactly what length ya need on it as well.

sjetrider

615 Freeriders are addicted to T1 madness.
Ross, I have some of the stainless UMI Style springs left if you want one let me know. They work better than the Blowsion in tight areas.
Mine are made identical to UMI springs (no longer made) but mine WILL NOT RUST they are tempered Stainless rather than carbon heat treated like the UMI's were.
Sold hundreds of them but quit making them because so many peeps quit using springs ???????????????????????????? Dunno why.

Big Kahuna

Administrator
Ross, As far as I know, Pat has always stood behind his poles, does not matter the age or if sponsored or not.

Look into the Wammer Pole Section, my understanding is that you send him your upper and lower and he uses those pieces. So, go with the CF sections and that would be a good deal. You could run tubes all the way through and foam the center section.

Top Bottom