Super Jet pole wobble

so wammer being the cool guy he is threw in a couple of new to me pole bushings when i ordered a throttle wheel from him and i finally got around to installing them.

they were WAY better than the original ones but on the throttle side (if your in the tray) i can see on the inside of the pole around the bushing a small gap that is causing some wobble that i just dont like.

is there anything i can do to fill in that gap that will not hurt the up and down movement of the pole? i though about wedging some shims between the bushing and the bolt. that would ruin the bushing i think.

any ideas?

**edit**
would JB Weld between the bushing and pole work? im just wondering if that would be strong enough.

Last edited:
NEW bushings

they're only about 10 bucks a set

did that.. still had wobble. noticed looking inside the pole that one side was loose around the bushing. mixed up some JB weld and its been curing for a cpl days now. i do not feel any wobble in the pole now and will be hitting the water in ab out an hr to see how it holds up.

stanton

High on jetskis.
ha! too funny.
tighten the pole bolt, if you did you may have the wrong bushings for your setup. get a washer or two and put it between the bracket and bushing.

Seen this happen on a few SXR poles. The pole will actually wear out and new bushings will just wobble in the hole in the pole. Most have just put some JB weld in there to tighten up the bushing in the pole. So far it seems to be working

Seen this happen on a few SXR poles. The pole will actually wear out and new bushings will just wobble in the hole in the pole. Most have just put some JB weld in there to tighten up the bushing in the pole. So far it seems to be working

exactly what i did. i used the bushings wammer sent me. the ones that came on the ski were wore out bad and i had some wear in the pole. rode from a cpl hours this afternoon and zero wobble. its good to go for now.

Top Bottom