Other Polished cases

Hmmm...I could be wrong but these look to be nickle plated not polished. If you look at the second pic and roll your mouse over it to get the zoom, you can see where there are crack lines around the top right stator cover gasket surface, and further over to the right by the alignment pin hole it appears that the plating has flaked off there. At work we just received back some nickle plated parts that look identical to these in finish and brilliance, with the same flaking in spots where the chemical bond did not take. Also, if these were polished we should not see any of the blowmold textured finish that comes native to casting molds. This finish can be easily seen in the starter bendix area between the bendix hole and crank bearing surface in the same pic.

SkiPro

Trim down for what!?!?!?
A buddy of mine uses a old plastic cement mixer for his parts, works mint, wow what a tune on that last video reminds me of the movie "RAD" or any cheesy movie of the 80's lol
Cheers Ray
I'm not even from the 80's but used to watch "Rad" all the time as a kid. (mid 90's) Haven't met too many people who know what it is.. The intro and outro were the best parts lol

cookn

Kamikaze
problem with the tumbler is that you would have to find a way to protect the inner bearing surfaces. I see polishing disc marks in the pic of the crank seal area. He probably cleaned them up with a die grinder and scotch brite pads then a polishing compound on a soft wheel.

Top Bottom