Freestyle Port timing for rec ski??

I brought this post back to life to let everyone who helped me know how it turned out.
First of all I want to thank Jeff at WDK. He doesn't know me from Adam. All he knows is I bought one of his skis and needed help dialing it in. I really have followed most of his recommendations and am on it now.
The big gains came from decking 2mm off the cyls, raising the transfers back up 1.5mm and opening the exhaust port to 71%of the bore size of 87mm. Also increased the stinger size on the pipe to 47mm from 40. I do run the pipe wet with a PFP water box. 46 specs are jetted upside down 135 low and 125 high with all 4 screws less than 1 turn out. I have the digital Msd now with a pretty aggressive curve. Motor is 16.5-1 ratio, blows 230psi on the gauge and runs great on 50/50 110 and 93 premium mix.
This vid is nothing spectacular, just me riding at the local river. If you can hear the audio you can get a feel of how responsive the motor is now. 14/19 Solas in a 144 mag with a 86mm nozzle.
Moral of the story is I'm having a blast on the ski this year and a 66e motor can certainly rank in there as a great freestyle set up. Tks again to everyone who chimed in to get me to where I am today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Since the vid above I have changed two things on the set up. I changed the pump nozzle back to the stock 82mm size. Since the power is now there I thought it needed more load on the motor. It was a small gain but I do feel it accelerates a bit faster now.
Second was to remove the reed stuffers. I was surprised to find it picked up a small gain here as well. Wax head's experience lead me to do something I really didn't think would help and l was wrong. I had to ride for 15 minutes to be sure it was better as it was a small gain but better none the less. Tks wax! Over the past 20 years of playing I have learned to keep an open mind and this is a good example of why. Those stuffers looked so good installed too...
y2asajeh.jpg
ype5ejyt.jpg
azutahet.jpg

Tks jackmarcus. I live rite by the tittabawassee river and have been taking short 30 min rides there as it is so close n easy. I used to ride at Sanford lake quite a bit. We should hook up sometime. Where do you ride?

Yes they do wax. Cool thing was the jet diddnt change. I thought for sure I would have had to make a few stops chasing it but didn't touch the screws at all.
I tried to remove the pre-filters a week ago n lost the jet bad! Two trips in going richer n it still wasn't happy so not sure what it needs without them. Now that I have everything else the way I want it I may try again now that the stuffers are out. It dose run great with them on thou so if I can't find it I'm happy the way it is.

I assumed it would need to be. The prefilters choke or restrict air flow rite? If your good with them on, off should need more fuel I thought. Richened 1/8 turn on the lows twice n it still was off. You think it should want less fuel with them off?

waxhead

wannabe backflipper
No you will need more fuel. You have taken away a restriction and it will mean the pull on the jets is lower.
It's the way I wrote it. When I read what I wrote again I figured how you would have thought that

Ok. I will keep chasing it richer until it comes in. May get lucky and make it three little pick ups in a row....:)

Top Bottom