Other Possible to turn 2 single carbs into a dual setup?

djraider700

lol wut?
Buddy of mine bought 2 brand new 38mm carbs to replace the old ones on his Blaster. They came as individual carbs.

Is it possible for him to use parts off the old carbs to convert the singles to a dual setup? I know he already ordered a coupler to link the butterfly shafts together.

Thanks for any help!

If they are both brand new aftermarket Mikunis then yes you can couple them no problem. It's when you get one from one ski and one from another with mismatched markings when you run into trouble. Designation markings are on the mounting flange.

as long as it has the extended throttle shaft which it probably does, you can get the coupler and cut the rear carb throttle shaft down.. you can either run a dual inlet with two seperate fuel lines or get a fuel pump block off plate and run the line from the tank to the rear carb then from the return to the inlet on the front carb.. this is exactly what i did on my ski with the dual sbns.. i added some hose to the "main line inside the tank and run a dual feed setup.. on the pulse line, i got a "y" fitting and spliced the two fuel pump lines to one pulse line..

I would be more inclined to either feed one carb off the return line from the primary and one pump then to splice a pulse line to 2 separate carbs and have them share one pulse line. Or run a Mikuni DF 62 external pump.

to each his own.. both setups will work, i like the dual feed idea just in case something happens to the fuel supply on one carb, it wont starve the other cylinder.. plus ive read that a single feed can cause a slight delay in throttle response in situations as well..

JetManiac

Stoked
Site Supporter
Vendor Account
I would have him return them and just get a clean used dual 38 set. The internals on the new ones are different, you will spend too much time trying to make them work when clean used sets are easy and cheap to find.

Top Bottom