Not open for further replies.

SuperJETT

So long and thanks for all the fish
Post dumping on a for sale thread is:

--saying the price is too high
--mentioning where you can buy that item somewhere else
--mentioning that you once bought the same thing for a lower price
--saying it's not worth the asking price

Sellers can ask whatever price they want for their stuff. If it's too high, it won't sell.

It's not *your* job to police the pricing of parts. If it's too high for you, PM an offer to the seller or just move to the next thread.

Last edited:

SuperJETT

Yeah, it didn't want to let go once you went in the Marketplace forums. It should be fixed now.

I just wouldn't want an inexperienced new comer to get ripped off and have it leave a bad taste in their mouth which reflects on the sport.

Sent from GS3 Synergy

Vumad

Super Hero, with a cape!
I just wouldn't want an inexperienced new comer to get ripped off and have it leave a bad taste in their mouth which reflects on the sport.

Sent from GS3 Synergy

Except it is people's responsibility to do their research.

Most of the comments aren't even about fair prices. They are about people's opinion of what fair is. B-pipes are a good example. I think a used b-mod for $700 is a load of crap, but like it or not, that is the going rate. It's not fair to cite retail or past used prices in a fluctuating market with variable availability.

I bought a used running pretty clean gp1200 from a rich lawyer trying to ditch it to make room for her 50' baha boat. Would it be fair if I posted in a gp1200 for sale thread that I got mine for $1000 in an off market? No, The same ski is worth $2000 now. My comment would be post dumping.

SuperJETT

Sent from GS3 Synergy

I guess you didn't actually read the first then. You are not the pricing police.

Matt_E

steals hub caps from cars
Site Supporter

Sent from GS3 Synergy

Well if that is your goal, your time would be much better spent at the local dealerships - inform customers that they are over-paying. Or maybe patrol eBay. There are some downright snake-y sellers on there.

Except it is people's responsibility to do their research.

Most of the comments aren't even about fair prices. They are about people's opinion of what fair is. B-pipes are a good example. I think a used b-mod for $700 is a load of crap, but like it or not, that is the going rate. It's not fair to cite retail or past used prices in a fluctuating market with variable availability.

I bought a used running pretty clean gp1200 from a rich lawyer trying to ditch it to make room for her 50' baha boat. Would it be fair if I posted in a gp1200 for sale thread that I got mine for $1000 in an off market? No, The same ski is worth $2000 now. My comment would be post dumping.

That's a fair comment..

Why do some people struggle to grasp that certain items in the right condition appreciate over time..

Some examples..

GB500 Motorbikes, Older Harley's
VM Campers
GI Jo dolls
Porsche 911 Aircooled
Teenage Mutant toys
Vintage comics
The list goes on and on...Lots of things are now much more than they cost new!

Anything desirable with a scarce decreasing supply and in good condition will appreciate.. If you don't think it's worth it don't buy it and be without - its as simple as that...

Vumad

Super Hero, with a cape!
That's a fair comment..

Why do some people struggle to grasp that certain items in the right condition appreciate over time..

Some examples..

GB500 Motorbikes, Older Harley's
VM Campers
GI Jo dolls
Porsche 911 Aircooled
Teenage Mutant toys
Vintage comics
The list goes on and on...Lots of things are now much more than they cost new!

Anything desirable with a scarce decreasing supply and in good condition will appreciate.. If you don't think it's worth it don't buy it and be without - its as simple as that...

Tmnt are worth some bucks? I have a bunch and splinters dome thing. i wonder if my original power ranger are worth something?

Yeah, I have power rangers. Yes, you can come play with them.

Or maybe patrol eBay. There are some downright snake-y sellers on there.

the scales/feathers on the back of my neck were standing up and now i know why. ebay is no different than this site as far as selling goes. if somebody wants to ask an outrageous price, thats the sellers option. at least on this site, its not allowed , for some dick head to talk :):):):). either because he wants it and cant afford it , or thinks the seller is crazy. sometimes the seller is crazy and the :):):):) talkers would be better off keeping their mouths shut. and sometimes the seller laughs all the way to the bank, despite what the :):):):) talkers say :)=

Jesus sorry guys. Go look at my posts. I price dumped once, and all I did was agree with another guy. I'm obviously not talking about steals like the gp1200. I got a steal on a SN, bought it for 1300 and it's worth 2000-2500 now. I don't go around post dumping saying I got it for that price and that the seller is crazy. I do agree with you on the part about doing research on prices, but most people go onto ebay to see what the "current market value" of a certain part is, and that's not useful at all.

Jett- Did I ever say I was going around doing that or am I a serious post dumper? No. Please don't assume and try to mock me.

Matt- There are virtually NO local dealerships where I live, and if they do carry pwc's, they are the sit on kind. I can't even buy common items locally.

I think that this is a close family, if you want top dollar go to ebay. If someone it trying to ripoff other members wouldnt you want people to call them out on it? Wtb is a different story but I really don't understand why you are setting up a system that would prevent newcomers from knowing they are getting taken. :dunno:

I think that this is a close family, if you want top dollar go to ebay. If someone it trying to ripoff other members wouldnt you want people to call them out on it? Wtb is a different story but I really don't understand why you are setting up a system that would prevent newcomers from knowing they are getting taken. :dunno:

because in the past it has gotten really out of hand. like jett has said if its priced way to high it wont sell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom