Blaster Power gains by using MSD ignition on a 701cc blaster 1

Hi all,

Just wanting to know what power gains are made by using the MSD ignition on the waveblaster 1 701cc engine? Im already running a ADA girdled head, carbon fibre intake reeds, alloy water box with a racing crank and new pistions and rings & soon to get a RIVA red pipe.

Any information from someone who has used this particular ignition and compared it to the factory setup would be appreciated.

This is a pretty debatable subject. Many will say there are gains while other will claim its a waste on money. Im assuming your talking about the MSD Enhancer and not the total loss system.

Sounds like you are getting ready to buy an aftermarket ignition. Take a look into the ATP E.P.I.C. They are coming out with a never version too that creates an even hotter spark than their current. Should be interesting. Their ignitions are a tad bit more but also come with more advanced features that will get the most power of out your engine, especially with there new ignition they have in the beta testing phase. I believe it was 6x hotter than stock. Im sure someone will chime in.

thanks mate, appreciate the info. Yea i was looking at both the total loss system and the MSD enhancer just out of curiosity as its something i am going to look into next. i just found the ATP E.P.I.C online as well and that sure looks like a good setup too.... so many options!

StandupEd

Eddie would Tow
for surf riding advance your static timing about 3 degrees (about 3mm on the plate index) and MSD enhanser. Makes a huge difference in the crispness and power. Just don't do long WOT runs. best bang for the buck.

StandupEd

Eddie would Tow
5 -10 seconds if you are running pump gas (92 octane), its always better to blip than hold a steady state even if it is only a mid throttle possition.

Awesome thanks for the info guys. Yea to be honest i am doing a mixture of surf riding & flat water speed so i am often running pretty close to WOT (wide open throttle). The MSD has recently got me thinking about how much more gains i can get from my 701. At this stage im not really interested in porting the motor or anything either, but have been looking into different props for it too, which leads me to ask this question ..... (what would be a mint prop for flat water speed, & also surf riding)? I am pretty sure the prop i have is stock...

Top Bottom