Prepping bottom for paint?

I have'nt done this yet because my bottom gets beached daily but when I do I think I will use west/403. It should'nt take much and west with 403 should be very tough!

I used Sytem three 2 part apoxy (from Blowsion) combined with west system filler (powder type stuff). You mix the 2 part apoxy 1 to 1 and then add the filler until you achieve a peanut butter consistency. I used this to feather in my tubbies and prep bottom for paint. It's easy to work with and held up awsome. I want to say the system 3 was $75 and filler $25. And make sure you seal all stress cracks because paint will draw out water.

IceRocket1286

Site Supporter
jopi said:
I used Sytem three 2 part apoxy (from Blowsion) combined with west system filler (powder type stuff). You mix the 2 part apoxy 1 to 1 and then add the filler until you achieve a peanut butter consistency. I used this to feather in my tubbies and prep bottom for paint. It's easy to work with and held up awsome. I want to say the system 3 was $75 and filler $25. And make sure you seal all stress cracks because paint will draw out water.

i wouldnt seal stress cracks. you have to grind them out clean and fill them for it to look proper and flat, as if there were no cracks.

IceRocket1286 said:
i wouldnt seal stress cracks. you have to grind them out clean and fill them for it to look proper and flat, as if there were no cracks.
I thought that was obvious. The original post was about what to use not how to do it. Just wanted to give a heads up about wet paint drawing water out like a sponge.

IceRocket1286

Site Supporter
jopi said:
I thought that was obvious. The original post was about what to use not how to do it. Just wanted to give a heads up about wet paint drawing water out like a sponge.

nope wasnt obvious, but oh well. at leats you knew.

Top Bottom