Super Jet Prepping for summer

lazyt747

Cool Beanz
Summer is still some ways away (at least for us here in the Northwest Indiana area), but I am thinking of throwing a little cash at the ski to give it some more hop in it's step this summer.

Right now I'm running the following:

1990 SN Superjet w/ footholds, etc.

701 bored over .25mm on a 61x block
ADA 35cc Girdled Head (~180 PSI)
Twin stock 38's 62t carbs, rejetted for the mods
Factory Mod B-Pipe
JSS Coil
Freshly built E-box from the one and only JETMANIAC
13/17 Solas Concord Prop
UMI Alum. -2 Handpole
Custom D-Cut Ride Plate
ATP Adjustable Intake Grate
& a bunch of other little goodies

I know I need to get a new pole spring this year as well as a new ride plate and handlebar bilge switch. However, I'm looking at a few bigger things. I'm running the stock steering set up and stock pump right now. I'd like to keep setting it up for surf and general wave riding. Barrel rolls and nose stabs are goals for this summer.

What do you guy's think? Upgrade the steering and/or pump (or maybe even something else entirely), or just keep saving for a new hull?

lazyt747

Cool Beanz
We actually just picked up a kawi last fall that has a quick steer setup on it. Think I can transfer that over to my ski?

Mike W

Infidel
I would ride what you have and save for a new hull. If your going to start trying to roll, you will probably destroy your SN if it's not reinforced.

Quinc

Buy a Superjet
Lighten and reinforce your hood or buy a blowsion hood. Chances are after few hard landings on the side your stock one will crack.

Dirtybird

Ex*ta*ski
adu4umud.jpg

Been through about 4 different hoods and had my good hood repaired twice.
This hood was after a day of huge boat wake and hungover roll attempts.

lazyt747

Cool Beanz
I don't know, I just happened to notice the kawi had one on it before putting it away for the year. I'm going to try to pull it out next week. I'll let you know. Thanks.

Top Bottom