Pro lots of timing

Just bought a blown up 2000 sxi pro where rod let go and scraped motor. Bought it for hull anyways. The ski has msd enhancer and r&d timing plate. I thought this was a no no. But pro also had a jetinetics aluminum flywheel which I have heard differs magnet issues that force people to run timing plates to correct.

Question: has anyone ran a msd enhancer and jetinetics flywheel together with good results? And was timing plate needed?

Enhancer and timing plate is a no no on the pros. The timing curve is more aggressive on the pros vs. the regular sx and sxi. The flywheel should not make a difference in timing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Wouldn't the enhancer on a pro be the same on sx/sxi since it replaces stock cdi/ timing curve? And I read that to make jetinetics flywheel work the timing must be advanced?

FW didnt have any adverse effects when I installed it without the plate. Added the plate and noticed a little more snap. If I go msd I would take the plate out though

john zigler

Vendor Account
There used to be a retard module you would install if running a lot of timing on the kawi's (IE Enhancer, plate, and flyh wheel) It would pull the timing back on the top end.

Top Bottom