Pro-Tec Pipe

So, still going to work on piecing together a b-pipe over the winter, but I picked up a Pro-Tec pipe for a good price. I figure it will add a little more brapp for now anyway. It came with all of the gromets, the triangle bracket and the long manifold bolt. I have read a lot about the advantages and disavantages to these pipes, and it seems that setup is key. Using thread locker and maybe even lock wire to keep the bolts from backing out. Pro-Tec still offers a "rebuild kit" for the pipe, but it is a little pricey ($165). I have contacted them and asked if they had the installation instructions, but they have not answered. I am sure I can figure it out myself, but was just wondering if anyone on here had them?

Thanks,
JJ

Attachments

• Pro-Tec Pipe_Delivered.jpg
    Pro-Tec Pipe_Delivered.jpg
    126.3 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:
So, still going to work on piecing together a b-pipe over the winter, but I picked up a Pro-Tec pipe for a good price (I think, it was $400). I figure it will add a little more brapp for now anyway. It came with all of the gromets, the triangle bracket and the long manifold bolt. I have read a lot about the advantages and disavantages to these pipes, and it seems that setup is key. Using thread locker and maybe even lock wire to keep the bolts from backing out. Pro-Tec still offers a "rebuild kit" for the pipe, but it is a little pricey ($165). I have contacted them and asked if they had the installation instructions, but they have not answered. I am sure I can figure it out myself, but was just wondering if anyone on here had them?

Thanks,
JJ
Well, I bit the bullet and ordered the rebuild kit from Pro-Tec. To my surprise, it came with installation instructions and gaskets (which were not shown in the picture of the kit). Thanks Pro-Tec! I will scan the instructions to PDF next week at work and post them for anyone else who has this pipe.

Best regards,
JJ

The insallation instructions I got with the rebuild kit are attached. They are pretty generic and apply to more than one pipe. However they do have some good info and a few tips that I would not have thought of. I am also attaching a couple of water line routing images I found online and the only image I could find that shows the triangle bracket that this pipe uses to mount one of the bottom brackets to the manifold.

Attachments

• Pro-Tec Pipe Install Instructions.pdf
    212.5 KB · Views: 26
  • Pro-Tec Pipe_Mounting.jpg
    Pro-Tec Pipe_Mounting.jpg
    111.8 KB · Views: 50
  • Pro-Tec Setup.gif
    Pro-Tec Setup.gif
    22.6 KB · Views: 50
  • Water Routing Setup.JPG
    Water Routing Setup.JPG
    37.2 KB · Views: 49
Had a couple Mach 1s in my superjets. Worked good work me. Had to red locktite the chamber bracket bolt in the head (stock head) so it wouldn't back off, otherwise no problems.

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk

Top Bottom