Super Jet Problem Installing ADA Girdled Head W/ Stock Exhaust & Intake

he sold carbon tech to boyesen and now does those walk in bath tubs for the elderly. sells the gator grip for tub grip and doesnt do jetski junk anymore. i wouldnt give his # out. disreguard all the comments and advice from the peanut gallery and find a guru thats willing to help. i,ve seen a few of those stick on temp guages on carbon tech stuff so he obviously used those for some indication on temp. he also used those jetworks billet flow controll valves with the adjustable knob to regulate water flow.

I'm working on the girdled head install and having problems with the stock exhaust mounting to the exhaust adapter. There is about 3/4" interference with the girdled head on each side. Has anyone run into this? Can't find anything thru search or the ADA site. It looks like you have to carve off of the stock SJ cast aluminum exhaust adapter. Is that OK? Also the stock air intake interferes as well. Is this something else that has to get carved off? Also, how do you run the tiny exhaust hose to the head? The fittings that come with the head are for the rear water hose and a plug for the front hole. See below pics:

and here you go with the correct solution to your problem. i just looked at the one i have and the stock bracket is totally modified. the downward leg is cut off so it doesnt bolt to that bottom hole on the muffler and the back corner is all ground down to miss the head and bolts. bottom line here is get to grinding and cutting. you have the right parts but like most AM stuff, it has to be totally modified before it actually works.

mwalker

HMS Yamaha
Nice piece of work, I have to do the same now that you have shown how to do it. What filter adapters have you put on? ADA? is the clearance ok for your flame arrestors?

The filter adaptors are just the ones that you get with tau cetis

And a air tool with a 4" cutting disc worked great, Then touched it up on a grinding wheel.

Was gonna powdercoat it orange but wanted it in there to test it out with the new head

mwalker

HMS Yamaha
The big change will come with the B-Pipe then, glad to hear the cut down exhaust bracket is holding up. I'll start saving for my pipe !!

mwalker

HMS Yamaha
hey Cameron, I forgot to ask...how did you plumb in the cooling lines? did you block one on the head for now? there's also that really thin one to the exhaust, did you just block that one off too?

stagesrt4

see ya out there
Site Supporter
if your single cooling now but intend to go DUAL then yes just cap the spare till you plumb it

the tiny clear line that comes off OEM head to OEM exhaust you can cap since youll be changing all your cooling with a B-pipe

basically Stages answered those for me.
i feel like i gain 1mph with the head and maybe a little throttle response. no big gains, but im setup for b pipe now and i will run dual cooling at that time also

After hours and hours of hacking, cutting and dremel tool work, I finally got the bracket to fit the head. I bet I have 8 hrs of time into it. What did I get? Not a whole lot... maybe 1 mph and a tiny bit in the midrange. If I knew how little improvement I would have seen, I would have skipped the stock exhaust all together. So, today I ordered the FPP limited pipe from Riva. Looking forward to hopefully what will be an easier install and a lot more HP!

mwalker

HMS Yamaha
Ha Billcruise !! those brackets end up being a work of art if you try and keep all three bolt holes usable. I ended up doing what Cameron did and slicing off the entire lower section. Seems to be ok so far. Enjoy the new pipe. do you know if you will have to add another cooling line for it? Ive read some posts where they run a new line all the way from the pump

Ha Billcruise !! those brackets end up being a work of art if you try and keep all three bolt holes usable. I ended up doing what Cameron did and slicing off the entire lower section. Seems to be ok so far. Enjoy the new pipe. do you know if you will have to add another cooling line for it? Ive read some posts where they run a new line all the way from the pump

Yeah, I did the work of art LOL!! I was going to run the cooling exactly how FPP shows it done in the installation notes.

mwalker

HMS Yamaha
After I said that I checked their install notes too! Think I read somewhere that if you need extra cooling you can run a new line in from the pump or use the stock bilge line. Once you start on these mods the alterations never end....its fun though!

Top Bottom