Super Jet problem with 04 superjet lack of water to pump and jumps when riding at speed

So I bought a new superjet about a month ago iv had it out a few times its a 04 with bpipe and thats all. When im riding on anything but glass the ski jumps out of the water instead of cuting threw the waves and also in turns and when the ski is up on plain the pump freespins at every wave and makes it imposible to ride. At first I thought i just needed to get used to the new ski but then i rode my buddys 08 superjet stock besides skat track intake grate and a blowsion midi carbon. Also all my buddys rode my ski and said i need to change somthing.

So I have come to the conclusion that a ride plate and intake grate will fix my problem. I just dont know what one to buy. I mainly do my riding on the river and lakes and very little surf riding. Can anyone steer me in the rite direction to what ones to look at or any other things to do to fix the problem.

any help would be great. And id also like to apoligize for my typeing its my first time using a ipad

The 08 should feel different than yours because it's a different hull. I would recommend getting a new stainless steel impeller and a new intake grate. Hooker 9-15 is a good impeller and worx 201 or 205 are both good intake grates. I'm sure there are a bunch of other good grates out there, I'm just not real familiar with them. A common consensus is that hooker is the way to go for impellers. You could also D cut your ride plate.

Learn to ride a stand up ski.

Im pretty sure you are describing porpoising, and its a problem of low tray time. A prop, esp a hooker 9/15, is going to make your issue worse. Your buddies sjs handle nicer because they have tubbies, and are a easier to ride hull.

Top Bottom