Problems HELP!!!!

mademan9

I ride a SuperFrk WannaBe
I rode my superjet this weekend Sat and Sun. On Sat we rode for about 3 hours. In those 3 hours I noticed that my ski would bog down pretty quick. It would take me at least 2 or 3 minutes to clear out before I could go full throttle. So blidge pump stayed on quit sometime. At the end of the 3 hr riding time battery went dead. Charged it up and put it back on trailor.

So today the same thing. Bogging down very fast, and battery dead after about 4 hrs.

This isnt now stop riding, more like ride for 25 min then rest.
Not sure if I should go with dual bl pump. What can be causing these things to happen? So when I got home I noticed that the blidge pump was still on with the switch off. :shrug: WTF

MOD LIST
dual Mikuni 44mm carbs,
MSD Ignition
Protec pipe and manifold
Rule bildge pump
Solas Impeller
Jet Ski Dynamics ride plate
K&N flame arrestor
Blowsion finger throttle
R & D sponsons
refurbished stator plate (refurbished by Jet Ski Solutions)
flush kit
intake grate
blowsion stubby pump cone

MOD list

mademan9

I also noticed this hose going to a plastic square box w/ holes in it at the bottom of hull. What is that? Whatever it is it has a nickel size hole in it.

Etheraldreamer

Be there and be square.
I also noticed this hose going to a plastic square box w/ holes in it at the bottom of hull. What is that? Whatever it is it has a nickel size hole in it.

sounds like the stock bilge system. A hole in it wouldnt do anything for or against you i dont think, def not anything that is influencing your symptoms.

The box is the stock syphon bilge, and every one I've ever seen has a round hole in it. Don't worry about that. You've got an electric bilge pump anyway.

When you first started describing the problem, I thought for sure you were having problems with the in-carb fuel filters or your on/off/res switch having crud in them...or water in your gas or getting in your carbs. But then, you started talking about electrical problems, so now I'm not sure. "Bogging" usually is used to describe fuel problems and not electrical problems...can you give us more detail?

Also, when you say "MSD ignition" do you mean an MSD Enhancer or do you have a Total Loss system?

You said your bilge pump is running a lot while you are riding normal? No tricks or subs or anything?
You might be ingesting some water in the carbs.
You might have a separate problem with your battery/ bilge switch. Those switches go bad a lot and if it was running non-stop = dead battery.

mademan9

I think just a MSD Enhancer. Its a fairly new ski to me.
I found out that it was my bilge switch killing my battery. So I changed that , and now i'm charging my battery. I think the bogging down was from water. ..... I wasent actually doing subs , but more or less trying. lol. so I think that may be it. I read up on the sp box. I was wondering what do you guys think about scupper? My ski does sit in water while not in use. SO good or bad idea?

Mark44

Katie's Boss
i

I think just a MSD Enhancer. Its a fairly new ski to me.
I found out that it was my bilge switch killing my battery. So I changed that , and now i'm charging my battery. I think the bogging down was from water. ..... I wasent actually doing subs , but more or less trying. lol. so I think that may be it. I read up on the sp box. I was wondering what do you guys think about scupper? My ski does sit in water while not in use. SO good or bad idea?

Bad if you leave the ski in the water, it will be on the bottom.

Mark44

mademan9

SOooo I guest scupper out of the question. I also figured out that the back hole inside my hood liner was dumping water right on top of my air filter... I dont have a hose to go on it so I just closed it off. How bad is that? I know minium air flow but would that cause any other problems?

Top Bottom