Project_ Freedom_X2

You need a hole of some sort for air to get into the engine compartment for the motor to breath. Usually people create some sort of baffle system to minimize water getting in while letting air get in.

It's hard to tell in your pictures but it looks like you might have no provisions for that in the modified hood. It's actually a fairly common thing for people shaving x2 hoods to shave off all of the stock intake baffles and have nothing left for an air intake.

You need a hole of some sort for air to get into the engine compartment for the motor to breath. Usually people create some sort of baffle system to minimize water getting in while letting air get in.

It's hard to tell in your pictures but it looks like you might have no provisions for that in the modified hood. It's actually a fairly common thing for people shaving x2 hoods to shave off all of the stock intake baffles and have nothing left for an air intake.

certainly looks like that is the case here....

X2s are bad enough about taking on water when stock. You really need to build crossover tubes so the ski can lay on its side and get air without flooding the compartment. The best mod that I ever did to an X2 was moving the steering aft 6-9 inches and installing inclined foot wells at the rear.. Got rid of all the hard landings.

EFD53200-AAAE-43B4-A122-2E120236D2E6.jpeg
Exhaust, water box ,gas tank and battery installed. I am working on the ebox now have a little issue with it not turning off. It’s not the switch I already check it !!

Vumad

Super Hero, with a cape!
View attachment 409898
Exhaust, water box ,gas tank and battery installed. I am working on the ebox now have a little issue with it not turning off. It’s not the switch I already check it !!

Nice work. I have watched every X2 thread for probably over a decade and that is the first stock 700 exhaust I have seen in a X2.

Top Bottom