Other PSA for newbs in Daytona...

BruceSki

Formerly Motoman25
Say no to lawn darts!

They have been a recurring thing for me this season.

Hopefully I've learned to stay away from the knee deep shore break. My shallow water antics have cause me to pay!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1355798553.660562.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1355798563.724282.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1355798573.906209.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1355798582.973843.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1355798593.934843.jpg

SuperJETT

So long and thanks for all the fish
Dude I love you for saving those!!!

Holy crap did I need a haircut!!

Hippie.

I had a flashback to seeing you guys doing that in the parking lot and remembered I took pics so searched a little and found them on here in a 2008 thread. Good times.

WaveDemon

Not Dead - Notable Member
also, if you're new to surf let everyone know. Embarrassing yourself in front of a lot of people builds character.

Proof: here is my first time riding surf at daytona on a borrowed ski. It's funny, you should point and laugh at it.

Last edited by a moderator:

djkorn1

kidkornfilms
Site Supporter
You may end up doing this

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

AWESOME! Forgot about this...it made it part of the way through the weekend.

McDog

Other Administrator
Staff member
Have tow loops front and back and have a tow rope with caribeaner (sp?) wrapped around your waist for easy access or dont ride.

Dont fill your ski with gas in the water.

Have eyeballs in the back of your head if it gets crowded.

Stay on the edge of the zone if you are inexperienced.

also, if you're new to surf let everyone know. Embarrassing yourself in front of a lot of people builds character.

Proof: here is my first time riding surf at daytona on a borrowed ski. It's funny, you should point and laugh at it.

Dang, you have come a long way!

On the beaching, check your intake grate, if it hangs out below the bottom on your ski, you should be prepared for the brakes to come on when you hit the sand....

SuperJETT

So long and thanks for all the fish
Dang, you have come a long way!

On the beaching, check your intake grate, if it hangs out below the bottom on your ski, you should be prepared for the brakes to come on when you hit the sand....

And that's hell on your impeller/wear ring over time too.

AtomicPunk

Lifetime bans are AWESOME
Site Supporter
let the waves rinse out your pump and push back end of ski up and down a few times before starting... watch your pissers.

west77

Wake Whore

Oh, good- something to look forward to. It will be the first time in the surf, the first ride on a stunt hull and the first time with more than 5 or 6 people watching. Should make for a video to rival yours...

Top Bottom